systemuiserver ram usage

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by brentg33, Nov 13, 2015.

?

what is your 10.11.1 mac's systemuiserver ram usage

1. >50mb

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 50mb - 1 gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1-3 gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

so i've been seeing my iMac running 10.11.1 systemuiserver RAM usage creep up when i leave the iMac on for a few days.
    I'm not sure if its a problem, as i don't have any performance issues.

but i wanted to see what is "normal"

thanks

2. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

MrNomNoms

What model iMac do you have? I haven't noticed a problem with my MacBook Pro so it might be model specific.

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so i think i've found a cause. I have a second display connected via dual link DVI.
    when i have it set to 'displays have separate spaces' it makes systemuiserver grow.
    I've checked that off, logged back in, and systemuiserver is been stuck at 11.1 mb.....in the other setting, it would have been in the 300 - 400 mb already

only issue is full screen apps and the fact that it blacks out the entire other display. been using better snaps tool from the MAC store. but that doesnt help when playing something like a youtube video and making it full - screen

5. lukejr macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, 2012 Mac mini with SSD drive and 16GB of RAM and at one point last week SystemUIServer used 10GB of Memory caused my computer to crawl to a halt until I managed to restart it but it was extremely unresponsive. I must now restart my computer every few days due to this leak. Currently SystemUIServer is using 7.97GB (see screenshot) - time for a restart.

Running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Mac mini (Late 2012) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 and 16GB RAM.

I do have 1080P dual displays hooked up to my computer and I do use Parallels to run Windows 10 with 4GB of RAM allocated to the VM. I tend to have my Mac turned on all the time, only time it is off is due to restarting due to this issue.

Attached Files: