Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Thanks for supporting the Mac. This game looks very fun and got my vote just now. :D

You guys should sell this on the Mac App Store too.

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Thanks for supporting the Mac. This game looks very fun and got my vote just now. :D

You guys should sell this on the Mac App Store too.

You're wellcome, we try to make people happy :D
Thank you for vote, every vote is important to us in this stage, because things are tight at top of the Greenlight list :D

Cheers!

Nov 28, 2010
located
I have downloaded that demo, it is a RAR file with 213,837,940 bytes (213.8 MB on disk) and extracted that RAR file to an .app file/container, which is 472,706,979 bytes (472.9 MB on disk) big.
Neither double clicking nor selecting OPEN from the contextual menu does anything, not even a Dock icon appears for a visible fraction of a second.
I am on 10.8.3 by the way.

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
I have downloaded that demo, it is a RAR file with 213,837,940 bytes (213.8 MB on disk) and extracted that RAR file to an .app file/container, which is 472,706,979 bytes (472.9 MB on disk) big.
Neither double clicking nor selecting OPEN from the contextual menu does anything, not even a Dock icon appears for a visible fraction of a second.

Sorry for inconvenience,
We have tested that on several MACs and everything works fine, many people have downloaded and tried MAC version of our game, and to be honest you are the first one that complained that you can't start game. At the moment i don't know what could be the problem.
If anyone has the same problem please tell us about it so we can fix it.

Cheers!

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm one of Phoenix Game Studio develpoers. Recently we have uploaded demo of our game T.E.C. 3001 on Steam Greenlight, so if you have time please take a look.
Here is the link to our game http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/95490143/1391068596

If you enjoy playing our game please vote.

Cheers!

And T.E.C stands for what, I do not own a crystal ball, once again I have to go trawling the net to find out what this abreviation means :(

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Nothing happens, it does not even appear in Activity Monitor.
It runs however in Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine. That will suffice for my needs.
If need more information, I will gladly provide it.

Thx for feedback, we will have that on mind.
Now when you finally can run game, how do you like it?

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Same here...

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Here is a workaround...

Open the package contents and navigate to MacOS there the program file sits. Change it's attribute to executable.

open a terminal, type in: chmod +x (then drag the file named T.E.C. 3001 here, and press enter)

After that the game plays by clicking directly on that file...

DELETED until you present a proper working MacOS package.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Here is a workaround...

Open the package contents and navigate to MacOS there the program file sits. Change it's attribute to executable.

open a terminal, type in: chmod +x (then drag the file named T.E.C. 3001 here, and press enter)

After that the game plays by clicking directly on that file...

DELETED until you present a proper working MacOS package.

After trying the workaround, I get The application "TEC3001" can't be opened. -10810

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
After trying the workaround, I get The application "TEC3001" can't be opened. -10810

I want to apologize everyone for inconvenience. We are trying to find out what is the problem and to fix it. And we will let you know as soon as we find it.

This is kind a tricky because here it works fine.

Thank you for understanding

Cheers!

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I want to apologize everyone for inconvenience. We are trying to find out what is the problem and to fix it. And we will let you know as soon as we find it.

Cheers!

Is this a native Mac application or was it ported using Wineskin? I ask because Wineskin currently has a problem with Mavericks that I have seen on 10.9.1 which causes it to throw this error and the only way to clear it is to log out and then log back in or else to reboot the machine. The author of Wineskin is aware of the problem. I'm not sure what the status of a fix is currently. I haven't seen any further news about it.

I thought that this error was Wineskin itself having a problem though and not the app created with it that uses Wine. I guess if the app was not properly created with Wineskin it is possible that starting it would attempt to invoke Wineskin rather than the created Wine app however.

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Is this a native Mac application or was it ported using Wineskin? I ask because Wineskin currently has a problem with Mavericks that I have seen on 10.9.1 which causes it to throw this error and the only way to clear it is to log out and then log back in or else to reboot the machine. The author of Wineskin is aware of the problem. I'm not sure what the status of a fix is currently. I haven't seen any further news about it.

I thought that this error was Wineskin itself having a problem though and not the app created with it that uses Wine. I guess if the app was not properly created with Wineskin it is possible that starting it would attempt to invoke Wineskin rather than the created Wine app however.

No we didn't use Wineskin, game was made in Unity3D. The problem is that we have never experience problem like you described, and we are trying to find out what could cause this kind of problem.

Cheers!

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Are you clicking on the file that the chmod made executable, or are you clicking on the main app icon?

Making that exact file in the contents executable, then clicking on the same file works for me.

That is what I get after clicking the App. I get image file unrecognised error when launching the executable directly.

----------

Cheers!

Thanks! Let us know when it's fixed!:)

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Hello again,

This was the long journey, and finally we can proudly annoucne that T.E.C. 3001 will be available on Steam from April 10, 2014.

This game is good choice for everyone who like fast games full with adrenaline and heart pumping gameplay. So hardcore gamers, bring it on.

Cheers!

miskovic.milos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Cool! Is the demo still available to try? Was having trouble finding a link :)

Well we have removed links from demos, because it was not official demo, it was only representative. There are improvements in origional version and some things that are unavailable in demo.
But i can give you linke where you can download and try it. You can download it from here DOWNLOAD LINK

In master version for steam there are controller support and control settings that are unavailable in demo, also .

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.