T-minus 3 days..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

so with a little under 3 days left till the presentation on the sdk; what are you guys expecting to see??? Do you think the 3rd party apps iTunes section will go live thur? Or do u think we will just hear about the future??? All I know is I've held off this long, but if I dont seem some apps on thur. I'm jailbraking this sucker!

2. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I've held out on jailbreaking this long as well. But I definitly feel you...

3. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Being able to run proper GPS software like Tomtom with a bluetooth GPS receiver would be brilliant.

4. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

I'm excited to see if it actually gets launched, and the "Roadmap," whatever that may be. (I know its where the iPhone is headed, but I can't wait to here the specs! 3G?!)

5. peterjeter26 macrumors member

knowing apple

apple always has restrictions. (wi-fi music store) come on let us use EDGE!!!! i dont care if its too slow its worth the wait!
    there probably gonna be a little apps that arent even that much fun. plus its prob going to either be wi-fi only or itunes. this is not going to be enjoyable. jailbreak it cuz this hyped up SDK will not be as good as installer.

6. thedoctorlee macrumors newbie

thedoctorlee

Maybe?

Wishful thinking... I know, but I have my fingers crossed for:
    32GB $499
    16GB $399

7. Pees330 macrumors 6502

It may be a little too soon for that. I would say when they announce 3G integration these will be the new sizes. Whenever that may be.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

This will never happen. I finally figured out Apple's tactics. They are almost as bad as Microsoft.

Apple wants revenue. There's not much revenue in letting TomTom or Garmin or etc into the Apple Ecosystem.

So the only way to enable GPS would be to have sometype of TeleNav locked-in software (where you would be required to use your data minutes)

3G for the next iPhone is a definite YES. GPS capability for next iPhone (NO WAY) unless Apple gets a cut of the revenue.

9. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Ha ha! That would be a huge disaster! Last time that happened, a ton of people got way mad.

I am hoping for... Some unexpected app that nobody saw coming. (Like "Back to my Mac"?) Or something. I would also hope that Apple does not limit developers as to which applications will be let on the iPhone. (But please do not turn this into a fight over weather or not they will!)

10. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Maybe...however adding proper (Tomtom style) GPS mapping to the iPhone would greatly improve its desirability = more sales, more network contracts = more Apple revenue. I don't see how Apple can ignore such an important function when surely all the major mobile manufacturers are R&Ding iphone clones and they won't be leaving out full GPS support.

11. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Apple can't cut prices anymore because their loyal customers get pissed. :rolleyes:

Two days and we'll all know the tale. I'm not jailbreaking if I don't see apps on Thursday because I can't afford to have something go wrong and end up having to buy a new phone.

12. drb6 macrumors regular

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would think end of summer would be a safe bet for Apple. Six months since the 16gb upgrade and about a year since the original release. Would make sense, but only if the 3G technically is ready.

Plus doesn't this pattern fit the iPod release pattern too. Release a new version and about halfway through the cycle till the next release, make some kind of upgrade...capacity or price? Or downgrade in price I guess

13. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Having a jailbroken unlocked phone since September I really could care less about the SDK release. What can the SDK offer that jailbroken phones haven't had already?

14. spyz88 macrumors regular

Programs that dont suck?

15. BIrwin49 macrumors member

Hope not. I just bought an 8gb iPhone a little over two weeks ago.

If so, maybe they will give that discount like they did when they got rid of the 4GB.

16. L3X macrumors 6502a

exchange support is what i want. Mail, calender, contacts syncing.

My work has an exchange server and I will not get an iPhone until then.

17. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

AMEN brother!