Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdelrossi

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
Are everybody’s trade in’s going ok? Has anybody brought to a store or all mail in?
Mine took a brief vacation in Puerto Rico :rolleyes: for a few days, from upstate NY before it hit Dallas today. Hopefully it will get to Lewiston TX soon and I can get my credits.

Reactions: Margit72

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Mine took a brief vacation in Puerto Rico :rolleyes: for a few days, from upstate NY before it hit Dallas today. Hopefully it will get to Lewiston TX soon and I can get my credits.
Capital region NY here.. just mailed mine today. Was planning to bring to a store but the only ‘corporate’ store near me is apparently closed.. we’ll see how this goes. 🤣

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
I've noticed since the update that my mobile hotspot has been cutting out multiple times. I do have Nord VPN running, I'll shut it off and see if that could be an issue. Might just be a Verizon problem.

That may be the case when doing a trade in-store for an in-stock phone, but wasn't the case when preordering. I paid tax on the full amount of the new phones. With Apple the trade in credit was taken off the total and tax would've been on the difference. Unfortunately Apple chooses not to recognize the 55+ Magenta Max plans as valid for the promo so I did my order via T-Mobile.

@Cinimod1000 the program is intended to keep customers with T-Mobile and keep them on the higher tier service plan. So they spread the rebate out over two years - your bill goes up but is then offset by credits. You shouldn't end up paying any more than your current bill, though you would pay sales tax up front. At least it's just 24 months and not 36...

Capital region NY here.. just mailed mine today. Was planning to bring to a store but the only ‘corporate’ store near me is apparently closed.. we’ll see how this goes. 🤣
Any news on your mailed in phone? Arrived okay?

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Anyone else stuck on “Pending” for 9/9 order?
My silver Pro order is still in limbo while a Blue 14 plus ordered a few hours later, will be delivered tomorrow.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Got my credit today!
Got mine too but the credit is implemented different than I thought it be.

So, I traded my 13 Pro Max for the $1000 promo ($475 instant credit + 525 bill credits over 4 months). For some reason I thought the $475 instant credit would go straight to the device plan, with the rest being credited. Instead the $475 instant credit was added to my account balance instead, giving me a negative account balance, so I'll end up not paying a bill for a few months.

I did the math, the difference is only $100 or so over the 24 months, but it's still a bit annoying the credit couldn't all go directly to the phone.

Babu Life

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Got mine too but the credit is implemented different than I thought it be.

So, I traded my 13 Pro Max for the $1000 promo ($475 instant credit + 525 bill credits over 4 months). For some reason I thought the $475 instant credit would go straight to the device plan, with the rest being credited. Instead the $475 instant credit was added to my account balance instead, giving me a negative account balance, so I'll end up not paying a bill for a few months.

I did the math, the difference is only $100 or so over the 24 months, but it's still a bit annoying the credit couldn't all go directly to the phone.
Yeah I was annoyed at that as well. I think if you ordered from apple directly they did it the "right" way of you getting full monthly credits instead of the lump sum and then difference. Free phone though, can't complain

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Yeah I was annoyed at that as well. I think if you ordered from apple directly they did it the "right" way of you getting full monthly credits instead of the lump sum and then difference. Free phone though, can't complain
Yep, I ordered a couple phones from Apple as well, their method is much more convenient.

I even lucked on getting double credit on one of the phones due to some glitch with mail in trades. But the credit will likely get removed soon, since it seems pretty widespread.

jdd0815

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
Anyone else still waiting on a Deep Purple Pro Max 512GB? My back order date is now into December and I ordered 9/29.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Anyone else still waiting on a Deep Purple Pro Max 512GB? My back order date is now into December and I ordered 9/29.
It would seem that in China where the iPhones are made, are in a partial lockdown so I have the feeling that delivery delays are going to persist and possibly extend.. EBay pricing has gone up about 15% in the past two weeks indicating something similar is happening.

Reactions: jdd0815

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Hello. I am most likely going to order the 15 Pro Max on T-Mobile this time around. I've never done a pre-order on T-Mobile before so I'm just curious if you normally get the phones on the normal delivery day for everyone else or if they're usually huge delays. I would obviously order it right away in the morning when pre-orders start. Thanks!

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Question- I have the T-Mobile Essentials Saver plan, the cheapest plan they have, and they're offering me $275 with a trade in now. Will the trade in value go up with the iPhone 15 is released? Because Apple is offering $460, I'm not going to switch to a more expensive plan just to get a bigger trade in total because I'd be spending more in the long run.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Hello. I am most likely going to order the 15 Pro Max on T-Mobile this time around. I've never done a pre-order on T-Mobile before so I'm just curious if you normally get the phones on the normal delivery day for everyone else or if they're usually huge delays. I would obviously order it right away in the morning when pre-orders start. Thanks!
Also, do you prefer via T-Mobile site or Apple store choosing T-Mobile financing?

Travons

Suspended
Aug 11, 2022
Also, do you prefer via T-Mobile site or Apple store choosing T-Mobile financing?
Every pre-order gets sent at the same time.
Its more of an exclusive service brands like offering. If you have a problem with the allocated date/time, it has to do with the dispatch organization.

Anything "pre-order" should be done on the official brand site and not third parties.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Every pre-order gets sent at the same time.
Its more of an exclusive service brands like offering. If you have a problem with the allocated date/time, it has to do with the dispatch organization.

Anything "pre-order" should be done on the official brand site and not third parties.
Ok thanks, so Apple site then? I believe they have the option to finance thru your carrier too, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.