Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mackie99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
California
When you buy a new iPhone from Apple and select T-mobile as your carrier and trade-in an iPhone 8 or newer, you will get $150 debit card from T-mobile.

Here's what it says on Apple's website.

For a limited time, trade in an iPhone 8 or newer (in good condition) when you buy your new iPhone from Apple and get an additional $150 trade-in credit from T‑Mobile/Sprint after your purchase.

Has anyone received an email from T-mobile with the promotion code? How long did it take to receive it after purchasing a new phone?

Reactions: sasky

Aggie2010

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2016
No I have not received an email either. I will see what the process is tomorrow once I receive the phone as it looks like it has to be active on your account before you can do the promo. We may have to send the trade in as well before they give us the credit.

Reactions: Mackie99

dontpokebearz

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2018
Maine
According to Apple's site: https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro

How does the trade-in credit work?
You’ll receive two different trade-in credits — one from Apple and one from T‑Mobile/Sprint.
Apple trade-in credit
When you trade in with Apple, you’ll get an estimated trade-in value. If you pay monthly, that value will be applied as an instant credit to lower your monthly payments. If you pay in full, your payment method will be credited after your trade-in is received.
T-Mobile/Sprint trade-in credit
Once your trade-in is complete, you’ll get the additional $150 trade-in credit in the form of a virtual prepaid Mastercard® from T-Mobile/Sprint. You’ll receive an email (after you place your order) with a promo code that you’ll submit at promotions.T-Mobile.com.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Does this work on the Apple Upgrade program too? Never got an email. Just completed the trade in for my max a couple days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.