T-Mobile $.99 micro sim cards today only!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dapetrun, Sep 18, 2013.

1. dapetrun macrumors regular

dapetrun

I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and found that they are offering (today only) $.99 micro sim cards to activate on their T-Mobile service. I plan on testing our iPhone 4S phones around town (the wife is a flight attendant) and around the country to verify adequate coverage before buying new 5S iPhones and porting our VW numbers over to T-Mobile.

I hope this will help others in a similar situation.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

For the 5S and iPhone 5 you will need nanosims.
    Microsims are for the iphone 4 and 4S only.

3. dapetrun thread starter macrumors regular

dapetrun

Good to know. They didn't mention that, so I will need to buy the nano's at $10/each when we upgrade to 5S. Thanks for the info.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, or you can try cutting the micro sim down to a nanosim size.
    I think some tmobile stores also have sim cutters that would cut them for you for free.

5. deeddawg macrumors 603

6. SatManager macrumors 6502

SatManager

I was able to get the nano sim for the .99 cent special but I did pull the disabled and retired Army vet hat out. I didn't have to sign up for a plan at the time and they even sent me a $10.00 refill or for a monthly plan card.

Your mileage may vary!

I am also looking to leave VW in the next month. I am in Las Vegas that has very good coverage (a tower is right behind my home), so for the cost saving when I get my 5S next week, I will just forward my current number for the next month then cancel and have the number ported over to t-mobile.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii