T-Mobile and the ETF.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carbonic, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Carbonic macrumors regular

I remember reading a thread here before the iPhone was out about getting out of the T-Mobile ETF because they raised the price on text messaging 5 cents, and it said something in the user agreement that you could cancel your account without paying an ETF because of this.

Was this true? And would this work for me even though I had a Sidekick with the unlimited data plan? I am only asking because I just got the fee, and it's a whoppin 400.

2. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

nope. since the sidekick unlimited plan is included in your monthly bill, the change in txt msg service doesnt effect your said plan. therefor youre still stuck.

:(

3. shinenjk macrumors regular

Correct. If you have unlimited txting the txt fee change won't affect you so they won't let you get out of it w/ out paying the ETF. But maybe if you keep calling and argue "nicely" they might let you off. I would try because from what I gathered from reading "terms & conditions":

1.) Tmobile cannot change the fees during the middle of the contract
    2.) if they do, the customer involved may opt out w/ out paying the ETF
    3.) and nowhere under "terms & conditions" does it state that this change in fees is OK if the customer isn't affected. Regardless of whether the customer is affected or not, changing the terms is breaching the contract so they should let you go for free.

So maybe re-read the terms & conditions, and make sure what I've said is correct and try calling them. Good luck.