T-Mobile Apple Music?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikesGravity, Oct 5, 2015.

1. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

Firstly, I am happy with T-Mobile now that I have had it a month. But my data usage seems kind of high but it's hard to tell, the webpage says 1 number and the app says another.

Would data that I use from Apple Music (my biggest data hog by far) show up as data used or not even show up?

2. Scarphac3 macrumors regular

3. MikesGravity thread starter macrumors 6502

Right so it wouldn't even show up in my "tally" of used data on mytmobile.com right?

Streaming and radio don't count or just radio?

4. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

It doesn't count against your data with T-Mobile, but if you're curious how much data it uses, you can always check your Cellular Data under Settings.

5. Scarphac3 macrumors regular

For me it doesn't show up in the tally. Heres a link for what doesn't count http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html

6. MikesGravity thread starter macrumors 6502

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Which data plan are you on? From what I understand, Music Freedom only applies if you have more than 1GB. Music Freedom also only loads the audio file, so album artwork counts towards your data usage.

Also the phone overshoots how much data you've actually used. The number on TM's website is going to be the more accurate one.