Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
i recently lost my iphone 5 at the beach and notified tmobile about the situation so they then filed claim papers, assurant tells me that i dont have an iphone 5 but the see one on my acct that hasnt been used since 9/13, somehow my imei number is being used on 2 accounts, so i notify them that the iphone 5 i had was a replacement so it could be possible that tmobile never changed the iphone imei numbers under the right acct. so after fussing with them i call tmobile back and they offer me an upgrade to the 5c, i tell them a 5c isnt an upgrade from the 5 and that i dont want that phone, so they say ok we can give u a 16 gig 5s for 100 to be billed, i took that deal, has anyone else had problems with insurance claims?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Carrier insurances are rarely a good deal. Someone I know had Verizon insurance and when he damaged his iPhone he realized how much it actually cost to replace it (in addition to the monthly fees). He promptly canceled it and replaced the broken glass himself.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Carrier insurances are rarely a good deal. Someone I know had Verizon insurance and when he damaged his iPhone he realized how much it actually cost to replace it (in addition to the monthly fees). He promptly canceled it and replaced the broken glass himself.

i remember i broke the glass on my iphone 4s and ordered a replacement kit off amazon for 15 dollars and did it myself...im thinking of cancelling it myself if all i can get is a replacement for damage and nothing for lost..i pay 8.00 a month for insurance, my bill total is $77 unlimited everything and that includes my govt discount, im really starting to believe these insurance companies are just a rip off when you really need

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.