Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

T-Mobile today announced a partnership with SiriusXM that will see T-Mobile customers getting expanded access to Pandora with ad-free radio weekends, "Top Tracks" music stations that are powered by popular SiriusXM channels, and early access to original SiriusXM podcasts.

t-mobile-tuesdays.jpg

Starting on Tuesday, March 23, any T-Mobile customer that participates in T-Mobile Tuesdays can get free access to the enhanced version of the Pandora music experience. Ad-free radio weekends will be available through March 2022.
"We're rolling out the magenta carpet once again for T-Mobile customers giving more free benefits and even more value through partnerships with today's best brands," said T-Mobile CMO Matt Staneff. "Now more than ever, we recognize the power that music has to connect communities. Today marks another exciting step in our relationship with Pandora, offering T-Mobile customers a new, supercharged version of a brand they already love. At T-Mobile, it's about getting more value on us -- just for being with us."
Ad-free Pandora weekends will include personalized music stations that can customized with the Modes feature, plus access to tens of thousands of podcasts.

T-Mobile customers will need the T-Mobile Tuesdays app and will need to redeem the Pandora offer. After that, users can download the Pandora app and create a Pandora account. Sprint users are also eligible to download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

Article Link: T-Mobile Customers Getting 'Enhanced Pandora Experience'

rictus007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Data plan for Apple Watch for $5/m (500mb) - this is one of their newest deals, I though it was better than Pandora

Reactions: WiseAJ
Comment

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
It's been so long since I touched this app iOS removed it. Fine. If it's really ad free I guess I will take another free streaming service. Free Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, and soon Pandora.

Edit: it's only ad-free on weekends. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Comment

WiseAJ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Data plan for Apple Watch for $5/m (500mb) - this is one of their newest deals, I though it was better than Pandora

Much bigger deal than Pandora, I don't need it I have Apple Music but with this price change my next Apple Watch upgrade might be to a cellular model now. I never could justify paying $10 a month just for a watch connection.

Reactions: progx
Comment

Mrjetsondc

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2020
Pandora...

Lights cigarette.

Now that’s a name i haven’t heard in a while... was a great relationship but then i met this great gal, Spotify.

Comment

Killbynumbers

macrumors regular
May 29, 2019
So they still have it after all these years then. I used to have it on my watch a few years ago but I never used it.

Comment

EatinPonies

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2016
Man. The thing Pandora *really* needs to improve is their bitrate. Too little, too late.

Comment

scuac

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
I really don’t understand the T-mobile Tuesday app. On the surface it seems like a ploy to attract/retain customers by giving freebies. But the freebies they give are garbage 99% of the time so that defeats that purpose. In the past year I have only redeemed one thing from that app that was worthwhile.

Comment

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I think the plan was announced few months ago.

While 500MB is plenty for typical Apple Watch use (unless you stream music or podcasts), if you go over, you get nothing, not even 128 Kbps.

And I believe Family Setup (standalone Apple Watch plan) requires $10/month unlimited plan. Since cellular-only usage requires a lot of battery power, about 5 hours on cellular-only mode, I am not sure whether I would get cellular Apple Watch.

Comment

ELman

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2017
Does that include taxes and fees? AT&T is $10 plus almost $5 in fees. I’m starting to think it’s not worth it.

Comment

msp3

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2015
I really don’t understand the T-mobile Tuesday app. On the surface it seems like a ploy to attract/retain customers by giving freebies. But the freebies they give are garbage 99% of the time so that defeats that purpose. In the past year I have only redeemed one thing from that app that was worthwhile.
It’s the same thing as the AT&T Thanks, Verizon Up, Sprint Rewards, etc. that give half-baked promos that are really just advertisements that the carrier gets for free and pass onto their customers as a sales vehicle for the sponsor. If you extend this analogy, Chase/Bank of America offers, Amex offers operate on the same principle except those are actually of value to customers

Comment

Aston441

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Does Pandora try to subtly push people towards listening to hip hop like Apple Music does?

• Disagree
Reactions: pdr733
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.