All iPads t-mobile customers - post paid or prepaid iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dgdosen, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Here's a question for t-mobile customers (of which I'm one for voice).

In addition to my phone, suppose I bring my own iPad for data - do I need to include it in my post-paid account with my phone and have that all under one account? Or can I have two accounts at t-mobile - one prepaid (for the iPad) and one post-paid (for the phone).

As a customer - I think I'd like to go pre-paid for iPad data, to consume bandwidth as I need it, as opposed to manually bumping up and down any post paid "plan" as my usage changes over time. The latter just seems like a hassle, albeit potentially cheaper.

2. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Postpaid you will definitely get the $10 credit on any data plan. Not sure of mixing post and prepaid.

Depending on the postpaid voice plan $50/$60/$70 you also can tether/hotspot data up to your limit or in the $70 unlimited 2.5gb of the highspeed data. That would give you lots of flexibility to supplement the ipad data plan.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have my note 3 and iPad Air through them and went post paid. Mostly for simplicity but the $10 is sure nice. You say changing around your data seems a hassle but its typically very simple.

4. dgdosen thread starter macrumors 65816

dgdosen

5. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Please help!! I have an IPad 2 AT&T 3G running iOS 6.13. The model is one of the listed on the Tmobile site that works with the free 200mb data.

I bought 2 micro sims from tmobile. When I put the sim in I have full bars and says Tmobile in the upper left. I turned off Wifi and restarted also reset network settings even put in an apn.

There is no place to activate a tmobile 200mb mobile data plan. When I try to go on a web page with safari it says I need to connect to the Internet.

How do I get this activated? I did try both sims but nowhere to choose a data plan to get connected. TIA

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Not sure who on here could help you with that but a T-Mo rep likely could. Not sure if the customer support number but a quick googling should find it.