T-Mobile Edge Not Working on 3Gs with 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cereboso, Aug 31, 2010.

1. cereboso macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS4.0.1 that was unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.1-1. The phone was jailbroken with JailbreakMe.
    I have the T-Mobile Individual Even More Plus 500 minute plan with unlimited data.
    The EDGE data is not working properly. The phone part works and I can make calls. I am getting a full 5 bars reception.

I have tried all of the APN servers that I have found (epc.tmobile.com, internet2.voicestream.com, wap.voicestream.com) with no luck. I could connect and load pages VERY slowly for a little while on internet2 but it took several minutes to even start to load Google News. Most of the time it will just wait a minute and give me a could not access cellular network problem.

I have tried to reinstall ultrasn0w multiple times and it doesn't seem to help. I also have the "Hacktivation Patch" version 1.1 installed from the Pushfix.info repo. Not sure if that would affect anything. Tried to install the T-Mobile MMS fix from that same repo as well with no luck. 3G is off and Data Roaming is on.

Called T-Mobile and they said they could see that a device was connected on their end and that there were no network problems in my area (Denton, TX).

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks!!

2. jaykkub macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with my wife's iP4. It's running 4.0.1 with a fresh restore, JB, and ultrasn0w. Calls work, text works, but no internet unless I'm connected via WIFI. It's been working perfectly up until about a week ago, then the internet connection just cut out. Using epc.tmobile.com, wap.voicestream.com, and internet2.voicestream.com doesn't change a thing.

Any suggestions?

3. Nick0912 macrumors member

If you don't have SBSettings install it then turn on edge with SBSettings. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me. Hope that helps.