T-Mobile ETF reimbursement question???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cchs2014, May 2, 2015.

1. cchs2014 macrumors member

Hello,
    I've been looking into the T-Mobile reimbursement promotion lately and it looks pretty good! I currently have an iPhone 6 on Sprint. I'm a little hesitant to switch from Sprint to T-Mobile. If anyone has switched, please let me know how your experience has been, coverage wise!

Okay, so I've been researching, and I've noticed that the T-mobile reimbursement program has a few underlying details that I should pay attention before I fork out a lot of money...

So T-mobile doesn't actually pay the ETF immediately?? I have to pay the ETF myself and then in 6-8 weeks, I will receive a prepaid card??? Also, I have an iPhone 6 that is leased by Sprint and the remaining balance on the phone is $410. In addition, the trade-in value for my iPhone 6 is $317 by T-mobile.

SO, once I pay the $410, I will get a reimbursement, then the trade-in value ($317) will be added to my bill as a credit???

Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I understood all of the details before I am surprised with crazy hidden fees and charges once I finally switch carriers.

2. Luis G. macrumors member

My co-worker switched from Sprint to T-mobile, he was a long time Sprint customer.
    T-mobile did indeed send him a prepaid card in the full amount of the ETF. He said it took almost a month to receive it however (or at least he complained every week for nearly 20+ days).
    Once you receive your final bill, you submit it to T-mobile and wait for the prepaid card. (I think they claim 2 weeks times to process).
    In total it took almost 2 months for the whole thing to go through. From switching to receiving final bill etc. I may be wrong in time frame.
    It is possible to hold off paying the final bill until the prepaid card comes in but that seriously depends when your cancelling and how your carrier handles final bills. Sometimes you get it in a month time to be exact sometimes you don't get it for longer.

The trade-in credit for the phone you turn is immediate, that will be processed once you turn in your phone over in-store.
    You are also obligated to get a phone on T-mobile's payment plan (or pay it outright).

The ETF reimbursement doesn't come until later, keep in mind Taxes are not covered by the ETF reimbursement.