T-Mobile "Even More Plus" on unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OrangeSVTguy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I have an unlocked iPhone 1G 8gb and was wondering if anyone else is using the "Even More Plus" 500 plan? It has 500 minutes and unlimited night/weekend calls/Text/Web for $59.99. I'm using AT&T's GoPhone plan and just the unlimited call/text is the same price. I'd like to be able to get all three on my phone but not pay $100 plus. I don't really need unlimited text or calls as 500 of both should be more than enough but would like data on there to get emails.

This seems to be the best deal out there for the package I want. Anyone else use the above or suggest another plan that might be cheaper?

2. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

For anyone else considering this, this is a pretty good way to go. The speed isn't anything to brag about but being able to access my email/maps anywhere is pretty amazing and I'm not paying an arm and a leg and there's no contract either which is what I like.

I am wondering if an iPhone 3G would speed anything up while on the T-Mobile network? I don't know how any of those services works out and even then I'm still happy with my 3 year old 1G iPhone. :)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

An iPhone 3G would still be the same as your 1st generation iPhone. Since tmobiles 3G is incompatible with the iPhone 3G and 3GS.

4. vKnouseM macrumors newbie

I used my 3G with TMobile and it was still slow. I just switched to ATT last night and I'm looking forward to the difference. I was able to keep my monthly charges the same but decrease my minutes. I'm pretty pleased so far.

5. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Cool Thanks! Guess I'll be keeping the old 1G for a while now :D. Don't think I can find the same deal on AT&T and in my area, T-Mobile Edge is still pretty good and consistent so I'm happy.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not bad.
    If you have plenty of wifi around it also helps.