Carrier T-Mobile FREE Memory Upgrades THIS WEEKEND ONLY (912-9/13)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Sep 12, 2015.

1. lordofthereef, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

UPDATE: Apparently this is achieved through a monthly bill credit. I have pasted below what was stated by T-Force members along with a link!

Regarding the free memory variant upgrade
    Ah yes, this has been causing a headache for us. Due to an ongoing system update, it isn’t making this possible for everyone.

It’s an additional monthly credit towards the EIP for the higher memory variants. If people have already placed orders without knowing this info, unfortunately there’s nothing we can do at this time for those customers.

Regarding Free Shipping
    All pre-orders no matter if they’re regular upgrades or JUMP! get free expedited shipping. It’s not free overnight, it’s free expedited shipping. Expedited shipping (express) is up to three business days via UPS.

Regarding Taxes
    If a down payment is due, taxes are charged only on the down payment based upon your local tax rate.

(This is not T-Force speaking anymore) Hopefully this clears up some confusion. If there are still some questions or confusion, please comment them and we will try to get them addressed. Please bear with us - I'm still trying to figure it out for my own preorder so we understand the frustration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kpoz5/tforce_officially_answers_faq_regarding_iphone/

I thought I would make a sepparate thread for this since the iunfo is a little buried in the TMO preorder thread, but here it is:

If you ordered an iPhone 6 or 6 plus through jump on demand before Spetember 8, they are doing a free memory upgrade this weekend only. That means you can go for 16gb to 64gb or 64gb to 128 gb free of charge!

I actually had success going for 16GB to 128GB free of charge, though the wording of their promo suggests that it is the "next step up". It's absolutely worth a shot!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1871216-PSA-Iphone-JOD-promo

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Has anybody tried this? If so I will be calling up T-Mobile once my email confirmation gets sent to me and I double check that they charged me for the upgrade when it shouldn't have been done...

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Very cool. Great find and thanks for sharing. A great deal for some folks.

4. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I read through that thread, and the posting the OP made makes it seem as though you will just be paying $0 down for the larger variant models then, on Monday, they will be raising your monthly rates to compensate. It makes sense, coupled with the other fact that they are trying to not up sell people intentionally. This would theoretically help them process orders faster, and would still help,them get their money. It seems a bit odd, that for those customers already on JOd, that they would give us a $12/month credit for 18 months, then top that off with another $99 or $199 free upgrade.

5. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The "official tmobile preorder thread" has a handful of people, including myself, who have reported this as successful (I guess the proof will be when we actually get our phones and see any bill changes (or lack of)).

I was told they CAN'T remove charged in an order. Initially they charged me $99 for a single 64 gb. I found out after the fact and called them back. They put I three orders for me and told me to simply not accept the first one because they can't edit an order once placed.

6. lordofthereef, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Unsure why they would raise your monthly rates starting Monday when we wouldn't have the phone shipping until later. I'm almost positive this is just a weekend promo based on how it's worded. As far as processing, they still require a credit card on file when placing the order, so processing isn't faster. Since the promo is offered "only when people ask for it", it also doesn't seem logical for it to exist simply as a means of expediting orders. Either way, I will update here when I have more info.

Not that a reps words are gospel, but I did ask if my monthly bill would be effected and I was told no. I read somewhere someone was told yes, so idk. As mentioned, we will have to see.

The rep who started the thread on Howard forums also had this to add:

This further makes it sound like it is just a promo. The cost of the phone shows up but you receive a monthly discount for the additional cost added, thereby being the same as a "free" upgrade. It's also worth noting that they did a similar program for the galaxy phones recently, although it was a little more public.

7. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I also forgot to mention, when I called back I was told that this promo is only available for those who had an iPhone 6 or 6 plus already on jump on demand purchased before September 8. We just switched to TMO a month ago after my in laws tested the network and loved it (I got to test and extra sim too).

8. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I was not JOD previously. I have called 3 times and spoken to 3 different reps. Every rep denies the free memory promo exists. Maybe it's because I was not a prior Jumper

9. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's possible. I didn't read that requirement anywhere, but it's definitely what the rep told me when I called back.

10. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Have you gotten your official lease agreement email yet? That'll really determine whether this promo is real or not.

11. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I haven't gotten either one yet, sadly. I was able to confirm that the orders are in place and have what they are calling s temporary order number.

12. iKor macrumors regular

iKor

It's for jump on demand only. Not regular jump so remember that!

13. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

14. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I have just received the updated lease agreement, and the promo is not as that other thread mentioned it would be. The upgrades are not free, they just defer that initial payment of $99 or $199 and spread it out over the course of the lease. For instance, my 128 GB 6S is estimated to be $39.10 monthly; which does not include the $12/month credit. The total cost of the device, plus the pay to own option at the end, add up to the $849+tax that the phone would normally cost.

15. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

I also received the updated lease agreement. I thought I was getting a free upgrade to 64GB with JOD, but that's not what the agreement says. The official JOD agreement distributes the extra $99 in cost over 18 months (i.e., with a higher monthly payment).

16. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That's a shame. I still haven't received mine. I ended up putting in six orders and was instructed to simply not accept theatre I didn't want. Hopefully I can just accept the originals since the other two members of the family only wanted 16gb. I don't mind the 128gb since it still comes out cheaper for someone intending to return the phone, but I'd be lying if I didn't wish it was free lol.

Regardless of this all, I don't see why this isn't the standard operating procedure for all devices. Why oay$100 and $200 up front if they can easily divide it up across the 18 months of payments? Why limit this to JoD? Has me scratching my head.

17. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

I went from 16GB to 64GB, and paid nothing upfront. I don't know why T-mobile is doing this, but I'm not going to complain!
    According to T-Force, there will be an extra discount on your bill to pay for the increased monthly price of the phone.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kpoz5/tforce_officially_answers_faq_regarding_iphone/
    http://imgur.com/6Xha7Fm
    http://i.imgur.com/LwutUbA.jpg
    I think the only thing that will be different is your buy out will be $25 higher (16 to 64 or 64 to 128) or $50 higher (16 to 128).

18. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the math all adds up in my order, and the buyout for my phone is $200 at the end of the 18 months.

19. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This order has been such a. Cluster for me. I just got all the EIP emails. I click to review my order and it takes me to a page where you can manually add in order details. I do that and it tells me order cannot have letters. So I remove the letter and the order number is invalid; I'm told I need to log in to check order status. So I do that, there is nothing in my order status. Lol what gives?

20. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Conversation ended with me getting a call back within an hour. sigh...

21. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Never got the call back so I called. Half an hour in the phone and they couldn't explain why my EIP had a down payment of $444 on it... I finally insisted on speaking to a supervisor, was on a brief hold, and was told he was busy and would call me back but that I would be "credited" that money. I don't want to be credited. At tags rate I would just buy the phone outright from apple (I reserved two in case this BS happens) and just sell it next year. What a mess...

22. mikeabbz macrumors member

Upgraded 4 lines at 05:00 AM est. Received 2 emails at 830 and 930 pm last night. both JOD agreements have the same phone number(main number on account) on it with different order numbers. Don't know if that is normal or if orders are all screwed up. DM'd help on twitter no answer yet.

Also paid no money upfront to upgrade to 64GB but one has increased monthly payment, so hopefully all this info about increased bill credits is true.

23. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Just finished my 12th phone call. My account has been noted that I will get all of my down payments refunded to me via bill credits and that my monthly rates will not be changed. This was confirmed when I called in that a supervisor noted the account. I am supposed to receive said bill credits October 7th, so I guess I will keep an eye out at that point.

For the 6S plus line I am paying $444 out of pocket (they couldn't tell me why), however I am getting that entire sum credited to my bill, so I guess it's like receiving a $444 discount on the device; this device will therefore not be turned in, but bought out at the end (EIP says $180) and sold since it makes much more sens to go that route. The other two devices will likely be traded for the next.

I foresee myself coming back to forums and updating my issues. As it stands it sounds too good to be true, but who knows. I am sort of tired by the entire process and will just be waiting for shipping confirmations. If that never happens I will just go in to a TMO on launch day and see what they are able to tell me.

24. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I was able to preorder and go from a 64GB iP6+ to a 128GB iP6s+ with no cost for the same $19 payment. The only thing (not to sound greedy) is that 64GB is fine for me and it's kind of not fair I had to pay $100 for 2 lines to get the 64GB originally and now people are getting upgraded from 16 to 64 for free. That kinds irks me that that's ok. More 4K video and 12MP pics for me I guess.

25. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

i tend to agree. Look on the bright side though, would you have known about this if not for the Internet (not necessarily just this thread)? I had another thread in here and Howard forums to thank. If everything works out as planned I will be very happy. You'll have to forgive my skepticism. Rarely do things go as planned in the mobile phone ordering world lol