Carrier T mobile has no internet in the building

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edhchoe, Jul 19, 2019.

1. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I have a iPhone XS and it shows two bars with LTE next to them. But I have no internet connection at work.
    I have unlimited data plan and I am not over the limit.
    I rebooted it but it didn't help.
    I even tried disabling LTE but it didn't help either.
    My co-workers with Verizon or AT&T get cellular data just fine.
    As soon as I walk outside the building I get good reception.
    Is t-mobile just bad indoors?
    I have no trouble at home with reception.

2. BasicGreatGuy, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It is my understanding, that T-Mobile's (in some cases) reception is weaker in some building environments, due to some of the cellular bands T-Mobile uses.

I was with Verizon and recently switched to T-Mobile. There have been a few brief instances where I noticed reception was weaker, where it had not been previously. Overall, my usage has been excellent with T-Mobile in my areas of travel.

3. Killbynumbers macrumors newbie

This sounds about right for T-Mobile. For the past several years, I barely got 1Mbps at my job due to congestion. It got so bad that I got a prepaid AT&T sim to use there. Finally over the winter, they installed 7 small cells along that street and one of them is in front of my workplace. Outside I get 250Mbps and inside, I get about 10-30Mbps now. Still beats 1Mbps like before.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I tried T-Mo a few years ago and you had to go outside to make calls, send emails, etc.

Not acceptable

5. myapple2019 macrumors member

One of T-Mobile caveats with their low price is indeed bad connection or no coverage inside buildings/indoor. No carriers are perfect. There are always sacrifices subscribers have to pay. More money for excellent coverage/connection wherever you are, for Verizon, or average or bad coverage with lesser convenience to inconvenience , for T-Mobile or Sprint with their lower price. No lunch is free. You get what you pay for.

I prefer having excellent coverage or connection wherever I am without any worries/inconvenience. I was with T-Mobile before and I was fed-up with many inconveniences especially without or less coverages in buildings. So, I am with Verizon now and never have any inconveniences like with T-Mobile.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2019 ---
    Just wait until your travel areas or places are not reached or covered by T-Mobile. Verizon is the best especially after all inconvenience connection issues I had with T-Mobile. We get what we pay for.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If it happens for any extended period of time, I will just be without cellular service. I grew up without a cellphone so, I will deal with the temporary loss and enjoy the quiet.