T-Mobile HotSpots allow free access to Apple's RSS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcdj, Oct 5, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Since it seems like T-Mo opened a port to allow iTunes to freely connect to the iTunes store in Starbucks, I had wondered what other non-web based services the iPhone could connect to. Turns out Apple's RSS reader is one of them.

Today I went to a Bux without realizing I had WiFi turned on. I fired up Safari and tapped an RSS feed (I usually just browse RSS feeds when I'm on Edge). It loaded fine, but I noticed none of the images were loading on any feed.

Then I noticed the Wifi icon was on. The phone had remembered the T-Mo connection from the last time I was in a Bux browsing the iTunes store (when I still had 1.1.1 installed...buhbye!), and was letting me read RSS with no login.

That's all. Thought I'd share.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I didn't think T-Mobile would be providing the WiFi service for Starbucks iPhone/iPod Touch customers, seeing that the iPhone is with AT&T and all. I assumed a separate Wi-Fi signal for the Starbuck iTunes connection would be in place.

That's what's taking so long for them to roll it out, right?

3. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

Here in NYC at least, it's accessed via T-Mobile's HotSpots.

4. 4ndr3w macrumors regular

You get free access to *.apple.com, both in iTunes Store and in Safari when your in Starbucks.