T-mobile i6 on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmn1644, Sep 26, 2014.

1. rmn1644 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Dad is interested to try T-mobile and their inexpensive plans. He's worried about coverage however.

If he decides that T-mob coverage isn't good (after 2 months or something) can he take the phone (provided its unlocked) into Verizon?

Seems like this should work but never know with these iPhones what you're really getting carrier-wise.

2. techedude macrumors regular

You need to buy the Verizon phone at full price and it is unlocked. Use it on T-Mobile for a few months and if the service sucks then go to Verizon. All Verizon iPhone 5,5s,6, and 6+ are factory unlocked. I am almost positive that the T-Mobile one is unlocked for GSM use only. Verizon full price is what you want.

3. wxman2003 Suspended

There have been reports on this forum that the t-mobile i6 does indeed work on the verizon network.

4. techedude macrumors regular

It is possible but was just playing it safe on saying buy the Verizon one. Thanks

5. rmn1644 thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason to get the T-mobile phone is they are taking $200 trade-in on our old iPhone 4. Otherwise, you're right, getting a V would be just fine.

6. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I can also confirm this, my phone even has a MEID in settings but it's not registered with Verizon, but a activated sim worked fine with LTE, calling, and everything.