T-mobile i6 on Verizon?

rmn1644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hi,

Dad is interested to try T-mobile and their inexpensive plans. He's worried about coverage however.

If he decides that T-mob coverage isn't good (after 2 months or something) can he take the phone (provided its unlocked) into Verizon?

Seems like this should work but never know with these iPhones what you're really getting carrier-wise.

techedude

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Hi,

Dad is interested to try T-mobile and their inexpensive plans. He's worried about coverage however.

If he decides that T-mob coverage isn't good (after 2 months or something) can he take the phone (provided its unlocked) into Verizon?

Seems like this should work but never know with these iPhones what you're really getting carrier-wise.
You need to buy the Verizon phone at full price and it is unlocked. Use it on T-Mobile for a few months and if the service sucks then go to Verizon. All Verizon iPhone 5,5s,6, and 6+ are factory unlocked. I am almost positive that the T-Mobile one is unlocked for GSM use only. Verizon full price is what you want.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
There have been reports on this forum that the t-mobile i6 does indeed work on the verizon network.

rmn1644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
The reason to get the T-mobile phone is they are taking $200 trade-in on our old iPhone 4. Otherwise, you're right, getting a V would be just fine.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
There have been reports on this forum that the t-mobile i6 does indeed work on the verizon network.
I can also confirm this, my phone even has a MEID in settings but it's not registered with Verizon, but a activated sim worked fine with LTE, calling, and everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.