T-Mobile Internet draining my HD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hereandelsewher, Apr 15, 2010.

1. hereandelsewher macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook, which runs OS X 10.4.11 with a 2GHz processor and 2BG 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory (whatever that means).

Anyway, I've recently got a T-Mobile USB Broadband stick (it's awful and I feel bad that my girlfriend bought it me, so don't ever buy one!) and I discovered yesterday, after much experimenting, that it was this that is running down my hard drive space considerably. I deleted around 10Gb of user support that I didn't need, and within a day it was gone. When I'm not using it, the space on the HD remains the same.

I'm not downloading anything and have hardly streamed anything other than a few Spotify songs.

My question is, where is the space going and can I get it back? I downloaded OmniDiskSweeper, and there is a log file of 10Gb. The log file is called 'console.log.5' and in the folder called '501' in the 'Console' folder. Can this be deleted without consequences?

If you need any more info, please let me know. Sorry, I'm no expert on this.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

it would be more to the point to look in the console log to see what's causing the probem; it could be something wrong with the connection.

3. hereandelsewher thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure how to do that, and if I did I wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway...