T-mobile internet for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by savvos, Oct 21, 2010.

1. savvos macrumors regular

What is the cheapest way to get and Edge-only data plan for an unlocked iPhone 3G on T-mobile in the U.S. with T-mobiles current data offerings? I had read that the T-zones plan was the way to go, but it looks like T-mobile has revised their data offering and I don't see it online.

It looks like I have the choice of adding unlimited data to the current plan for $30 or switch to a package plan that includes data, but fewer voice minutes for $20 over the current plan. I believe both of those plans include 3G, which won't work on the iPhone 3G on T-mobile. So is there another option that is Edge only that isn't on their website? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

See if you can get the $9.99 plan, I got a friend thats been using it on Tmobile with that plan for a while now.
    Stick your sim in a regural flip phone, not the iphone or any smartphone and call them up so they can add it to your account.

3. savvos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have access to a T-mobile flip phone. Are there any other options?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Find or borrow a cheap nokia of or something else cause if you call them now and they see you're using an iphone they wont do it and they'll try to put you on the $30 plan.

5. savvos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. I managed to call them up on a landline and asked for the plan without telling them what phone I had and they gave it to me. After setting the APN, everything works perfectly.

6. iTouch macrumors 6502

I'm on T-Zone for $5.99 and get EDGE speed. That's the cheapest plan you can get.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Tell them you want unlimited mobile web and that you have a Shadow phone. The plan is 9.99 a month.

Sources: This is what I did when I had my iPhone 3G on T-Mobile.