T-Mobile Internet Rumor

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 7on, Oct 23, 2008.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I heard a rumor on Howard Forums
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449021

Sounds like November 1st, T-mobile is restructuring their data plans. I was wary about the Tmobile Web not requiring the T-zones hack anymore so I looked into it.

Sounds like the epc.tmobile.com might be temporary... So anyone signing up for a new data plan may want to hold up after the 1st to see if a new hack is needed (or $20 for hackless, as the rumor is that plan is going up to $35).

Someone in the thread mentions tiers of $5, $10, $20, $35 but I don't know if it'll be port based like the past, will impose bandwidth restriction, or speed capped.

I'll go into a T-mo this weekend and inquire about it. Don't know if they know about it yet, but I'll keep an ear out.

2. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

ok here's the rumor:

Web2Go
    $9.99 - 50mb limit + 400 SMS/MMS
    $19.99 - 100mb limit + Unlimited SMS/MMS

Total Internet
    $24.99 - unlimited data + 400 SMS/MMS
    $34.99 - unlimited both

Seems like they're changing what used to be Tzones from proxy limited to a data limit. I don't know if those who are grandfathered in will still get unlimited over proxy, but I doubt it. Especially with epc.tmobile.com replacing the old apn. I have a feeling that when the new plans are unveiled the cap will be turned on. This is only a hunch though, and I could be wrong but this seems most plausible. Especially with the new total Internet matching the G1 plans.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Does this mean my 5.99 tmobile web will stop working? :(