T-Mobile iPhone 4 users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greg M, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Greg M, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

Greg M macrumors 6502

Can you share your edge data with other devices (hotspot)?

I've got a MyTouch 4g with unlimited everything including free hotspot. I use it in order to take credit cards with my iPad and to submit financing for my customers using my MBA. I believe that edge would be fast enough for those things.

I think that I'd be willing to give up high speed data in order to go back to an iPhone but I'd have to be able to share the Internet connection with my other devices in order to make it happen.

I'd prefer to use a factory unlocked without having to jailbreak it.

2. utl768 macrumors 6502

jailbreak and install pdanet

3. Greg M thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd prefer to get a factory unlocked. Doesn't the iPhone 4 have hotspot unless it's turned off by the provider?

4. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Personal Hotspot is a carrier-activated feature. And since T-Mobile USA is not an official iPhone carrier you won't get it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1112744

5. toiday macrumors regular

What if you're using an unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile network, does it have Hotspot option?

6. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

T-Mobile USA won't activate a feature for a phone they don't offer.

If you're using an iPhone 4 on T-Mobile USA, it's already going to be unlocked anyways...

7. Greg M thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you have an iPhone on T-Mobile?

I ask because I just found a video of someone using hotspot on T-Mobile. It showed it working even though it was only 2g. I believe that it was 4.3 and it was the iPhone version, not a jailbreak version.

8. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Can you please post the video, or at least verify that it is T-Mobile USA, the iPhone Personal Hotspot (and not something like MyWi), and unjailbroken?