Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Hello,

I am finally decided to get iPhone 5s and have a few questions. My phone is getting delivered in 8 days (I purchased unlocked t mobile version from apple website). I am planning on getting a 30$ plan, and I need the hotspot feature. Is there any way to get that without paying extra 15$ for hotspot? And please direct me step by step on how (if) its possible to set it up.

Thank you all so much for responses

yum114

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
I currently have the unlimited plan(which includes I think 2.5GB of hotspot)
Well, a little past the hotspot amount, it got shut off, it now tells me I don't have the service or need to purchase more. I've tried everything to circumvent even used flasharmyknife and when I use an app on the phone that has a user agent switcher, and I change it to firefox, even browsing on the phone will give me that message. Anyone know how to bypass this message??? and continue to use the hotspot feature?(my data is unlimited)

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I almost got excited when I saw this in the My-Tmobile app. Somehow it got activated for just a second or two to use that much data. I do use the sim in a Nexus 4 so I can tether anytime I want with that plan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-09-20-30-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-09-20-30-56.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.