T-Mobile iPhone 5s Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cypher86, Apr 10, 2014.

1. cypher86 macrumors newbie

Hi Folks!

I own an iPhone 5s (Silver/White) with T-Mobile and i am about to file an insurance claim as i dropped mine in water for the 4th time since owning it. Insurance is through T-Mobile.

I was wondering if they are able to give me a different color for the replacement?

Any Feedback would be great!

Thanks!

Cyph

2. 617aircav Suspended

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Holy cow, get a Lifeproof or give up on personal electronics.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If they are anything like apple, they will NOT allow you to change colors. You can only get a replacement for the exact same storage capacity and color.

I cannot speak about tmobile though, so your best bet is to ask. The reason for this is to avoid "intentional" damage. A few bad seeds ruin it for everyone. There are tons of people who would drop their phone b.c they want a new color.

5. keitarou macrumors 6502

If you have JUMP, then just upgrade your phone.

6. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

7. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

Taking iPhone out for a swim?

8. cypher86 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes...it's my first claim.

----------

lol...too many drunken nights + piss break = insurance claim

----------

oh i actually do have JUMP...so i can just upgrade to like a 32gb one or something?

9. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

You'll need to do a claim either way. Tmobile, like other carriers use a 3rd party for insurance like asurion. Deductible is probably about 200 on a 5s. They overnight u the same phone, either new or refurbished. Jump includes insurance but you'll need to do a claim to get a working phone if you're trying to trade in. They won't let u just upgrade knowing your old phone is waterdamaged.

10. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

[​IMG]

11. keitarou macrumors 6502

Yes, you can just upgrade if you passed 6 months since adding the program. But they will take the deductible for the insurance first and then you can get 32GB different color one.

1. Go to T-Mobile with your damaged phone and claim insurance and pay deductible.
    2. At that same time, you can trade-in that new insurance phone and upgrade it to the 32GB phone.

That is how I understand JUMP and that is what I was told. Go to the corporate store and talk to the reps.