T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus -- Unlocked ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Previse, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Previse macrumors member

Jan 20, 2012
    I know this has been brought up before but i'm curious if we have a definite answer? I understand the phone isn't out yet but T-Mobile iPhone was my only way to get it before next year (I dont want to use next or upgrade) as i'm on AT&T

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Only if you buy it from Apple

Purchased from T-Mobile it's locked
  3. Previse thread starter macrumors member

Jan 20, 2012
    Sweet! I purchased it from apple so I'm hoping this is true!!!
  4. betoarredondo macrumors member

Jul 13, 2011
    I have just came out from a T-mobile store and asked a rep about the unlocked iPhone 6 plus. He told me that if I buy it DIRECTLY from apple it will came unlocked, he even verify this with another of his co-workers.

What I did was to wait until the shipment estimate was about 2-3 or 3-4 weeks, as of now. With that time frame, the iPhone 6 will come out and I am sure that one of the headlines of the launch day will be if the iPhone is locked or unlocked to T-Mobile. If it is locked, I just cancel my order and patiently wait until the unlocked one appears; if it is unlocked, I just let my order as it is.

Because I am from Mexico (sorry for my English) The 14 days return policy do not apply for me because I don't know if I will be able to be in the USA during that time frame, and if it is locked and I am not able to return it, I will be in serious troubles.

And if everything that I have said didn't convince you, my actual (hope not for too long) iPhone 5s was bought directly from apple last year with a T-Mobile SIM card, and it came factory unlocked.

Hope it helps. Regards.