T-Mobile & iPhone, help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KidZgOtMac, Aug 10, 2011.

1. KidZgOtMac macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

I recently bought an unlocked iPhone 4 on eBay, followed the turning a SIM into Micro SIM step by step and it didn't recognize it. I tried turning it, moving it, changing its position a few times and still nothing. I'm returning the phone and getting a refund also because they sold me a screwed up item, bunch of scratches and home button didn't even work. Although I'm thinking of getting another one. I'm already a T-Mobile customer, can I buy the micro sim they offer with my existing plan? I have everything unlimited android and 4G. I'll head over to TMo tomorrow to get a new SIM since I can't used the trimmed one on my phone anymore so I need to know this info or I'll just ask them before dropping the cash for another iPhone 4, I really can't wait until the 5 comes out because my regular phone is almost unusable since I had an accident with it. I'll just resell and get the 5. All info is appreciated beforehand.

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Yeah a microsim from t-mobile will work if the iPhone is actually unlocked. Keep in mind iPhone cannot use 3g speeds on t-mobile so you'll be forced to use the slow edge network.

3. KidZgOtMac thread starter macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

I know, I barely use my phone for internet now a days and almost everywhere I go I have Wi-Fi.

4. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

It's happened before where Apple employees accidentally give you a locked AT&T phone - take a look at the back of the box, make sure there's no AT&T logo.

Other than that...my only other guess would be the sim card. T-Mobile is making their own Micro-Sims now, call support and have them send you one? I'm not sure on that though, as long as you did it right yours should have worked...

EDIT - Sorry, didn't read the rest. You should definitely try the micro-sim thing.