T-Mobile iPhone pondering.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lonegungirl, Jun 13, 2008.

1. lonegungirl macrumors newbie

So I recently got the refurb on the latest 5/21 fiasco, unlocked and jailbroke it, and am using it with T-Mobile and the t-zones plan without apparent difficulty. Now that the announcement of the new 3G phones and their pricing is out, here's how I see my situation:

1) On the T-Mobile network, it's likely that I wouldn't be able to utilize the 3G speeds, removing the most compelling reason for getting the new phone.
    2) On the other hand, the new phones are priced about $50 less than the refurbed old phones, and will probably have better battery life, reception, etc.
    3) I am currently still within the 14 day return window for my phone.
    4) It is possible that an unlocked used refurb may sell for more than [list price- 10%] on Ebay.
    5) I do not wish to change to AT&T at this time, making it problematic to unlock the new phones if, in fact, they require buying the 2-year contract at the time of phone purchase.

So it seems like the safest plan of action would be to keep the refurb phone until it becomes apparent how unlockable the 3G situation is and just live with the possibility of feeling lame at paying more for an old, refurb phone.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You've answered your own question. Who knows when or if they'll jailbreak and unlock the 3G iPhone? Your guess is better than mine. :p