T-Mobile iPhone pricing and upfront costs revealed. Actually, better than I thought!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lloydbm41, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I will quote directly from T-Mobile press snippet:

Don't forget, you will also have to pay tax upfront as well, so plan to give T-Mobile anywhere from $40-$90 in tax depending on the models overall cost.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

This one should be a little easier to read.

Attached Files:

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Thanks for the pic. Does make it easier.

4. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

I spoke to my rep at a the local T-Mobile store and he confirmed that pre-orders will begin tonight at 12:01 PDT. They will also be able to process pre-orders in store starting tomorrow, and will be able to ship to any preferred address. They are supposed to be opening early at 9am if possible (not in a mall).

He noted that they will physically be shipping the phones on 9/18 and to increase your odds of getting it on launch day to choose expedited over their regular free ground shipping.

5. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

If true, that is awesome of T-Mobile!

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Thanks for posting this! I was planning on just buying mine at full retail from Apple because I figured the EIP would be ~$50 a month. I just might go this option and then pay it off over a couple of months instead of plunking down $1k tonight.

7. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

Yeah--though he was very cautious and said that even if I did expedited shipping, it didn't guarantee getting it on the 19th. I think they are very weary of making promises they can't keep.

I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Verizon and got in on launch day without a hitch a few years ago; and I recall doing a pre-order for an iPad in the past directly from Apple.

I have come to the conclusion that I'd rather take advantage of T-Mobile's EIP and awesome trade in deal (they are offering me $350 on a 5s 16 GB) and if it comes a few days later, I'll survive!

8. drogba macrumors member

Jesus. I know you guts are saying this is a deal but this is exactly why I never buy brand new phones for awhile. $600 - $1000 for a phone that you're going to use for two years tops and then upgrade for something even more expensive? I'll happily take the 5S in a year when it costs me $1. I know it's important to people on here, but this chart is insane to me.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I love how the word "boffin" sounds like an insult but it's an actual term to describe a science-y/math-y person. I wish more people would use it. So kudos to you for working that in.

10. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

You really believe you are only spending $1 on that phone? Might want to actually look into the cost of a 4S, even today. Just because something is subsidized doesn't mean you still aren't paying $400+ dollars for it over the agreement term.

BTW, looking at things your way, the iPhone 6 is $0.

11. romwarrior88 macrumors newbie

I'm assuming you must use T-Mo's website to do this, right? Apple's website only shows full retail option for T-Mo.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah Apple doesn't offer T-Mobile's financing on their website. You'll have to go through T-Mo.

13. wildonrio macrumors 6502

I believe if you do the installment plan you have to pay for device insurance as well, which means it's better to just pay the full price upfront.

14. CEmajr macrumors 601

Insurance isn't required. I don't have insurance on any of my phones.

15. Ann P macrumors 68020

No. Insurance isn't mandatory for eip orders.

16. s2000gtx macrumors member

my question is apple.com doesn't do financing for tmobile, so im assuming you have to use the tmobile website to preorder, but do they do EIP on the site and take the deposit online? I have a 5s also so im wondering if i preorder the phone online if on launch day after i get my phone i can walk in an trade in my 5s toward the iphone 6 EIP.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Good question, I'd call them and ask.

18. jjgrask macrumors newbie

Hmmm thought the 6 would be much more. I was going to trade to a 5S due to money. Might as well get the 6. Question, I have 16GB on my 4. Enough for me now. Do I need to have more GB with a new phone?

19. rodgui macrumors member

If I buy, in pre-order, iPhone 6 t-mobile contract-free on Apple Store site will be possible use my Brazilian chip carrier?

20. milhouse994 macrumors regular

You're not considering the resale value of an old phone. iPhone 5's are currently selling for $300+ on eBay and iPhone 5s' for $500+. I once sold an iPhone 4 with a smashed screen and non functional home button for $200. Factor that into the cost of the new phone and it's not that bad, especially if you value not being under contract.

21. zone23 macrumors 68000

What this says to me is spend the extra $100 now and get the 128gb since the payments are going to be the same as the 64gb.