T-Mobile iPhone Trade-In Tried to Screw Me!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tardman91, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Back in September I ordered a 64 GB Silver 6 in-store and had my factory unlocked iPhone 5 appraised for $232. I know I could have gotten more for it but I didn't want the hassle of Craigslist and I got to keep my cable and charger by just trading it. Well since they didn't have my phone in stock I had to wait for it to arrive before I could trade it.
    Fast-forward 5 weeks, an ERT upgrade to a 128 GB silver 6 and $160 in bill credits later and my new phone finally arrived. I erased my old phone and packed it up and shipped it out in the same exact condition it was in when it was appraised in the store.
    On Friday I got a message that a device credit of $0 was applied to my account - yes, $0. Needless to say I had a little heart-attack. I had no way to contact the ERT who helped me (he said he would call me back to follow up Thanksgiving week, but I couldn't let this go that long). Saturday afternoon I called up Customer Care, and boy was I taken care of! I was very polite and they recognized the mix-up and promptly fixed it for me. And instead of the $232 I was supposed to get, they gave me $325! The rep said her supervisor misheard her, and the credit was not reversible, and for my trouble I got a nice surprise.
    Even after all the hassle and headache that was my iPhone 6 upgrade adventure, T-Mobile customer service is still second to none!
    But watch out for those trade-in programs!

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Great outcome. Let's hope your 6 has the same results (bend-gate).

3. amorcito macrumors regular

Glad you had a good experience. I wonder how much I can get for my 4s.. hmmm

4. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I was definitely upset when I called in, and by the time I hung up I was elated! Their customer service really is the best. No matter what headache they cause me, they always make it right in the end; usually more than right.
    Probably won't get much for that 4S, but they'll guarantee they off you more than any other carrier for it. Maybe you'll get lucky like me.