T-Mobile is Amazing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 11bE5, Oct 21, 2014.

1. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

So I had a lemon iPhone 6 bad vibrator mechanism made a terrible clanking sound. Screen was dark in the right hand corner, and finally a small spot under the glass right by the ffc. Anyway I took it to T-Mobile yesterday since I was still with in my 14 day period to return it and they set me up with a warranty replacement because of the jump warranty. Since they didn't have any in stock at the store they overnight shipped me a iPhone 6 (just the phone) as a replacement and I just got it and wow it is a lot better than my first iPhone 6 it is considered "refurbished" but when I took it out of the box it looks as if it was taken out of a retail box the screen looks great and not more clanking sounds. The main reason for this was to say I had sprint for years and never did I receive this type of service during the 6 years I was with them.

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

great customer service story. apple needs to over night ship everyone their 6 plus phones now :cool:

3. shawndc1 macrumors regular

i also have t-mobile and they are good, they also have changed alot of their customer service policies to better experience

4. erzhik macrumors 6502

You are happy because you got a refurbished phone within your return period?

5. iWozinator macrumors member

Obviously they are. At this point in the release its 99% unlikely a refurb. But nice of you trying to make them feel bad. Hope your life seems better now.

6. erzhik macrumors 6502

At what point in the release? We are way, way past that point. We are at a point where Apple would lose money and give you a brand new device. All devices now are refurbished. By offering brand new devices at this point in time, Apple would be losing money and The Board would not be happy. If you think they give you brand new phones, I have a bridge to sell if you'd like one.

7. Orangechipper macrumors member

Never NEVER again

T-mobile will have to be the last carrier on earth for me to consider them again.

about 2.5 years ago.... we moved. Where i moved to (from houston to San antonio) had horrible coverage from T-mobile. We complained. They convinced us that it was our phones. We got new phones. 3 weeks later my wifes phone crapped out. They cut off MY phone and not hers... so for next 48 hrs I HAD NO SERVICE. The phone the resent her did not work either. Another 48 hrs. Third phone worked.... but still horrible service. (Had to be in the corner of the house while holding the phone UP HIGH to get it to work...We decide to cancel.

THey wouldn't allow without EFT fees. Everyone of CSR were jerks and we did not sign anything when we got the new crappy phones....

Long story short. Hell will freeze over before i pay the ETF from T-mobile and I will never ever never recommend them to my worst enemies.

8. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

That was 2.5 years ago, they've done vast improvements since then in service and coverage.

9. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

10. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

This. Id be pissed.

11. kerrikins macrumors 65816

They overnighted him a phone that looks like new and is in perfect condition, why the heck are all of you trying to make him feel crappy about it?

12. cymolia macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

13. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Not trying to make him feel crappy just telling the truth. It's a refurbished phone that he paid full price for.

14. iWozinator macrumors member

At the just over a month mark obviously. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do. History has shown refurbs usually start appearing several months after a release. There is no way a carrier is going to have access to a refurb this early in the game.

15. 617aircav Suspended

op I don't get it. In your situation I wouldn't expect anything less. Im glad you are happy, but what you experienced is standard. Any company would be glad to replace your product within their return policy Time frame.

16. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I know I couldn't of walked into AT&T within my 14 days and get a replacement. I would have to return it, reset my upgrade if that's what you used then order another one...

Unless something shady just happened lol:)

17. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

Thank you!! I didn't make this thread for people to vent about a refurbished phone I made it to talk about my experience. And the phone doesn't look or feel refurbished it looks as if they took it out of a new retail box it has no defects I can see. And seeing that I'm coming from a phone that was from a retail box I say I won. So please take the negativity somewhere elese thank you.

----------

As I mention I was with sprint and there was no way in HE** I could just walk into a sprint store and have them overnight me a new phone they would have to look at it make sure take 2-3 business days making sure that the issue cannot truly be resolved then go from there.

18. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Don't worry man, Its a new phone. They only give new exchanges because refurbished phones are not available when so close to a new release. Enjoy you're phone, and don't worry about the nugget heads in here.

19. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

Thanks dude I know it's a new phone. It looks and feels like one. Thanks bud

20. muggerfugger macrumors regular

muggerfugger

Yeah their new CEO seems to be doing incredible things for the company and their customers.