iPad T-Mobile is Now Taking Preorders for iPad Air and iPad Mini.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Getintothegame, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Getintothegame, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

Getintothegame macrumors member

http://www.t-mobile.com/internet-devices.html#tab-navigation

Beware that the Mini is the non-Retina display.

Clears up a lot of things.

You'll be paying for the device monthly. You'll also be charged $10/month for "free" data. On top of that, if you wish to buy a data pass, you'll be spending more - unless you go with a pre-determined non on demand data plan.

Uncarrier my ass. $10 != Free. I feel that the advertising on both T-Mobile and Apple's website was quite misleading. Looks like I'll be purchasing elsewhere.

2. nd3eb macrumors member

The $10 is a one time fee for the sim card, not a monthly fee

3. Getintothegame thread starter macrumors member

Take a look when you're on the slider page. The on-demand choice adds $10 to your total. You will get the $10 as a credit if you are a voice customer, though.

Take a look at monthly cost here.

Here's On Demand: ($10/mo)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/45ln9pmvj8opf62/Screenshot 2013-11-01 01.40.24.png

Here's 500MB: ($20/mo)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/amay75wce8uvjvp/Screenshot 2013-11-01 01.39.05.png

And Here's 2.5GB: ($30/mo)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8ebze674tdv1zw/Screenshot 2013-11-01 01.41.05.png

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Keep in mind, this is only if you finance the iPad through T-Mobile. If you pay full price for your iPad (they have a separate page for prepaid), then you don't have to pay the $10/month to get 200MB free data.

That said, deal not as good as FAQ lead me to believe. I think I'll just wait for the iPad mini with Retina to be available on Apple Store. I didn't really want the iPad Air to begin with but I was willing to compromise if it's available earlier and there was no initial cash outlay. It's not so I might as well get the device I actually wanted.

5. vtstarck macrumors regular

6. lyngo macrumors 6502

Don't. That's postpaid. I wonder about prepaid.

7. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

I was under the impression it would be 26 and change for the iPad period. Not 26 and change for the iPad and 10 monthly for the free data? Add taxes and other fees and this is a less than slick deal.

8. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I just tried signing up for prepaid with a bring your own device and you do have to pay $10 / mo for your mobile account and then they give you 200 MB free. VERY misleading on t-mobile's part.

Now when I re-read the FAQ's I see the entire picture:

Correct you don't have to purchase a data pass but you do have to purchase the mobile plan that ALLOWS you to purchase data passes which is $10/mo.

9. lyngo macrumors 6502

Unreal! There's an earlier post that someone activated service free on an old iPad 3 free of charge.

10. mlpsponzischeme macrumors regular

What a joke. I wonder how many people they are going to piss off. I was planning on moving my cell plan over to T-Mobile. Screw that. Even AT&T is smart enough not pull something like this. Over promise and under deliver...jesus. T-Mobile decided it needed contracts.

11. tellemfred macrumors member

If you move your cell plan over, you are not charged the $10/month fee. The $10 is for non-voice accounts.

12. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Just activated my $.99 SIM card I got from the T-Mobile website last week in my own iPad 4. Quick and easy with no credit card just email, address and DOB. I now have my free 200 MB a month plan and get quick 15 MBS LTE Download speeds in the Sacramento, CA area.

13. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

Can you post the exact steps you took? You just put the sim in your ipad and it auto connected? Did you have to change apn settings or anything?

14. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Which makes sense. I don't think TMob is in the business to offer free 24 month financing and 200MB of data without some revenue stream.

15. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, just turned off iPad put in T-mobile SIM and it auto connected. Did not need to change APN settings. Go to General settings, cellular data, turned off wi-fi and view account settings under cellular data. It will then walk you through signing up.