T-Mobile issues with LTE on 8/X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by josh77, Sep 14, 2017.

1. josh77 macrumors newbie

josh77

I just read an article that says neither the 8/8+ or the X will be compatiable with the 600 MHz network. For us less tech people, what exactly will that look like in real world application? Will the LTE not work at all, be a bit slower, or super slow? Would it be the equivalent to, say, 4G or are we talking about even worse speed like 3G or God forbid, Edge?

I was going to wait and preorder the X next month, but I don't want a phone that's going to be super slow, I'd rather just wait until next year and hopefully the situation is taken care of.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

You won't notice anything. 600 MHz is the new spectrum they recently won and won't be in widespread use until at least 2019. The new iPhones fully support the current LTE network.

3. josh77 thread starter macrumors newbie

josh77

I read that there was supposed to be coverage starting as early as the end of 2017. If i'm in an area that gets it, the phone will still run at relatively normal speeds?

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Your coverage will be similar to what it is now, but T Mobile is aggressively adding 600 MHz all over the country. Disappointing the iPhone won't support it, as it should greatly improve their network especially in rural areas.

5. josh77 thread starter macrumors newbie

josh77