T-Mobile JOD: Initial Tax Fee

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Hi. Is there a tax fee that iphone 6s buyers still need to pay when they transition to jump on demand? Any helpful response would be great! Thanks.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Okay. If I do the trade in for $5 payments a month, then it's actually that price in addition to my monthly data plan right?
The $5 trade in is just a credit every month toward your total bull. The credits show up as negative values. Three of our lines have $7 monthly credits, so our bill reads -$7 thre times for s total of $-21 and then the rest of the bill follows.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
The $5 trade in is just a credit every month toward your total bull. The credits show up as negative values. Three of our lines have $7 monthly credits, so our bill reads -$7 thre times for s total of $-21 and then the rest of the bill follows.
What about this photo?
image.jpeg

Monthly payment of the phone would be $5 right? (Keeping tax in mind)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
What about this photo?
View attachment 633982

Monthly payment of the phone would be $5 right? (Keeping tax in mind)
I see. I thought you were saying you had a $5 trade in CREDIT. For this they'd calculate the monthly cost of the phone and credit you the difference to make the net cost $5. This may be a different value for everyone depending on local sales tax.

Example: the phone ends up costing $17.95 per month.

You see a bill credit of $-12.95 every month

Phone still comes up as $17.95 but net cost to you is $5.

They also tend to apply credits a few days before a new bill hits. My bill hits in the 10th of the month. Around the 5-7th my bill reads $-21 for the three phone credit promo.

I'll add that any credits you're supposed to get, make sure you have a clear understanding walking outbthendoornwhat your monthly bill will be. My credits and a lot of other things were messed up for about four months. They fixed it but it took a lot of diligence on my part.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
I see. I thought you were saying you had a $5 trade in CREDIT. For this they'd calculate the monthly cost of the phone and credit you the difference to make the net cost $5. This may be a different value for everyone depending on local sales tax.

Example: the phone ends up costing $17.95 per month.

You see a bill credit of $-12.95 every month

Phone still comes up as $17.95 but net cost to you is $5.

They also tend to apply credits a few days before a new bill hits. My bill hits in the 10th of the month. Around the 5-7th my bill reads $-21 for the three phone credit promo.

I'll add that any credits you're supposed to get, make sure you have a clear understanding walking outbthendoornwhat your monthly bill will be. My credits and a lot of other things were messed up for about four months. They fixed it but it took a lot of diligence on my part.
That makes sense. Thank you!

Reactions: lordofthereef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.