Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, so I went to the T-Mobile store at my mall today. I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus and figured, what the heck, I'll get a 6S+ while I'm switching. So I got a plan that's $70/month and the new 6S Plus (which is being delivered since they didn't have any in stock) will be an additional $32.01/month. i asked about the Jump! On Demand. I understand why the down payment of $99 is due, since I got a 64GB not a 16 GB and it's a Plus so not sure if that makes a difference. But I thought it would be like $8/month since I'm turning in my 6 Plus? Or is that promotion over? http://marketrealist.com/2015/10/t-...-demand-5-monthly-option-for-iphone-6s#695951 is where I had read about this promo.

The salesmen was really trying to push accessories on me and kept saying it was part of the $40 bundle he was putting me in for the new phone and that I needed to pick $75 in accessories to be eligible. I told him I don't want any accessories and only paid $15 + tax for the new Sim card, the $99 + tax down payment is due upon delivery. Was this all done correctly and did I read just misunderstand the promotion? Also, they're going to buy out my Verizon contract, the ETF is approximately $250.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, I chatted with someone at T-Mobile and they said the $5/month starting price expired on 10/6. The store still had this sign out front and the website still references it too though here

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I went to a T-Mobile store thinking that we might add my in laws on it. The iPhones are now starting at $27/month. The plus models are $32+. The sub-$20/month pricing promo is over. People who waited missed out.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Update on the Jump! On Demand program. I signed up for this in October after the 6s announcement. I purchased a 6s plus 64 GB and was happy with it for the most part. The battery life is the number one reason to get this phone over the 6s, I think. As time went on, I grew tired of carrying it around. The size just wasn't for me. It requires two hands all the time for me to use. Also, I just found it too heavy, and not well-weighted. Again, these are personal problems. If the plus works for you, good.

So, I paid an extra $99 for the 64 GB iPhone 6s plus. I remember asking the rep if I upgraded to a 64 GB iPhone 7, would I pay another $99, and she say she didn't know - it was too new of a program. I did get the $7 discount though... Anyway, fast forward to today when I decided to "jump" to the smaller 6s 64 GB. You do have to shell out another $99 + tax if you jump to a 64 GB iPhone. I understand why they do this, but at the same time I don't understand this. I kind of expected to just trade to the 64 GB iPhone 6s without paying anything because they get the device back. It seems like an even trade. If I had a 16 GB, I'd just switch it for another 16 GB, no?

So, the message is - if yr getting the 16 GB version you pay nothing and can "jump" around from device to device three times a year. Hopefully, Apple ups the GBs on the iPhone 7. I'm not paying another $99 for more GBs. The jump program isn't worth the cost if yr getting a higher storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.