T-Mobile LTE Speeds

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by iPhonemaster5S, Jul 27, 2013.

1. iPhonemaster5S, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013

iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Here is mine
    [​IMG]

This was in boulder and was really good. Curious to see what other people are getting, 4G isn't to bad either I'm usually getting around this

[​IMG]

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm not on T-Mobile, but it's going to depend on your location. I had 4-6Mb/s when I was on LTE in the more populated parts of South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa, but when I got back home and went through Salem, OR I got a 62Mb/s download.

3. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Well if your not on T-Mobile how is this relevant? What carrier were you using though AT&T? Obviously yes your location and how many people are on the network matter a lot I know this, I was just curious to see what other people have been getting. T-mobile announced that the average LTE speeds were between 10-20 Mbps and was just interested to see if people were getting faster or slower than the average.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's relevant because some people don't know that location matters.

5. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

I was thinking that most people on this forum would know that. Anyway anybody else see good speeds?

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I've ordered a T-Mobile sim for my Mini. I'm tired of AT&T. On AT&T here, it shows I have 4 bars. I switch of wifi and those bars turn to no service. Sometime the bars come back to give me edge.

I get super fast speeds on T-Mobile and they announced that they turned on LTE here a few weeks ago. I should have my sim on Tuesday so I'll post back when I get it.

7. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Doesn't the icon in the top right corner of your first test indicate that you were on wifi?

8. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Just a good idea when I fist got my T-mobile sim and put it in the reception sucked and I couldn't get any service in my house and I was seriously thinking I was ************ but the next day signal was perfect so I think it just needs time to get working properly.

I must say though their LTE is not bad at all really and the 4G backup is pretty good being what it is. I do however miss AT&T's almost nationwide LTE coverage but considering I'm no longer throttled and have LTE most if the time where I am it's a pretty good value.

It's LTE though not sure why that shows like that but when you looks at the carrier it shows T-Mobile so it was a LTE test.

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Thanks for the advice. I know this is the alternatives forum but I don't have any Android devices that are LTE capable on T-Mobile. The only device I have that will work is my iPad Mini so I figured it would be ok to post about here.

10. sectime macrumors 6502a

Only if you are there, here Tmo is fine:rolleyes:

11. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Oh yeah I think its fine if you post here what they really need to do is make a carrier sub forum, I have an android which is the only reason why I put it here.

12. JackieInCo macrumors 601

So I got my Nano sim Tuesday and called T-Mobile to activate the sim for use on my iPad Mini. Before it was even activated, LTE displayed full strength on my iPad.

I am pretty pleased with the results. At my house, I get LTE on T-Mobile where I can't get LTE on AT&T.

Since there is no carrier file support yet for the iPad, tethering is enabled.

I did get one result where I got about 11Mbps down and 10Mbps up. Denver Post in their tests said they averaged about 20Mbps down.

Attached Files:

13. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

That's good, my LTE test are usually in the mid 20's so you seem to be getting on par. I am surprised though that AT&T didn't have LTE at your house but tmobile does, normally its the opposite.