T-Mobile MMS using a new ipcc

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 19, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

When all of the jailbreaks and unlocks are available, how do we go about getting the individual features themselves working, mainly MMS, and Tethering? I could care less about the YouTube problem they currently have, but if MMS and tethering works, then alls is well.

I read somewhere, but I do not remember where, that you could just load a new ipcc profile, and MMS and tethering will be available to T-Mobile subscribers. It still won't work on AT&T though because of the NO MMS Block they have.

2. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

3. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Why wouldn't you, its great for light web browsing. Why wouldn't you want the capability, if your phone is capable? Great for emergency MacBook usage. Also, not only tethering, but MMS as well.

4. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

MMS would be nice, but EDGE is dial up speeds, I would rather go find a wifi spot, or something along those lines.

5. reelbgpunk macrumors member

Tethering on edge

Although it is not ideal, tethering over edge is nice in a pince. I've done it many times with PDAnet when there was no other option. Yeah it's slow, but it's definitely good at times.