T-mobile new TV comercials will end with the Iphone 4 on its network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snoopy07, Nov 17, 2010.

1. snoopy07 macrumors member

The recent T-Mobile commercials showing the iphone 4 struggling on the AT&T network looks like a plan to show the world that the iphone could be better running on t-mobiles new network. I think the strategy will end with the reveling of the T-Mobile iphone 4. There were rumors before of a T-Mobile iphone and it has been very quiet lately, but now they sell the iphone chargers and have micro sim cards available and also the TV commercials showing a weak AT&T network with a great iphone very weird don’t you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKG4B7wFJUo

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, the ad is all about T-Mobile begging Apple to let them have the iPhone. T-Mobile would love to have the iPhone.

No, it doesn't mean anything more than that.

3. Orion126 macrumors regular

*Off topic - There's something about that chick...she's pretty but not sexy. Oh well.

*On topic - I don't read into what you're seeing. If TMO got the iPhone next year and they kept their current rates I would probably switch.

4. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

Buahahaha! T-Mobile with a better network? Riiight. They're so delusional and desperate it's pathetic. I loooove how they're advertising their HSPA+ network as "4G". I was in a t-mobile store a few days ago playing with both an HSPA+ android device and aircard, while it's a little snappier (latency seemed lower), it's no more faster than AT&T (ran speed tests via speedtest.net)

Is t-mobile even finished rolling out 3G in all major metros? My girlfriend has so much trouble on t-mobile... i can't imagine Apple allowing their device on t-mobile's half-arsed "4G" network.

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Looks to me that they are simply saying their network is faster. Just trying to get some to switch over is how i took it.
    And for what its worth, i was told by a T-Mobile person that they arent looking to get the iPhone but who knows if that person really knows.

6. Vegastouch, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Maybe Tmo just dont work well where you are at. They call their HSPA+, 4G because that is what everybody knows. You know, kinda like why some people dont change the name of a business they buy. Seems you dont get it either so there ya go.
    T-Mobile is looking up whether you want to realize it or not. I would never switch to AT&T where i am. I dont like it at all.

Verizon is using another technology known as "Long Term Evolution," or LTE which they call 4G and isnt as fast as T-Mobiles HSPA+. Neither is WiMax which is what Sprint calls their 4G. T-Mobiles HSPA+ is actually their upgraded 3G which gives it 4G speeds and why they call it 4G. And again, because everybody understands 4G. Well actually they probably dont but they can relate to it better.

What about AT&T you ask?

They are playing catchup to T-Mobile and everybody else by using.............................................HSPA+...same as T-Mobile

Helps to know what your talking about.

And how do you like this snippet from that article:

But how fast is it?
    AT&T had initially said that it would roll out a 14.4 Mbit/s HSPA upgrade to its network. Rival T-Mobile went for a HSPA+ upgrade that tops out at 21 Mbit/s. AT&T recently told PC Mag that it is using the same technology as T-Mobile and its network will be faster than 14.4 Mbit/s but didn't reveal actual peak speeds.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

You're reading into this too much. T- Mobile isn't talking about the iPhone they're talking about AT&T. Every phone carrier wants the iPhone its a cash cow.

How is At&t playing catchup to T-Mobile? T-Mobile has the worst 3G coverage of four major carriers, It's way smaller than At&t 3G network but because the decided to roll out HSPA+ they're ahead? So if you're not in one of the cities that HSPA+ your're more than likely on Edge.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/17/at-data-growth-slowed-in-q3/ At&t today came out and said 80% of there network is already been upgraded to HSPA+ so everywhere you go and theres a 3G you will be getting HSPA+

HSPA+, LTE, and WyWAX none of them are 4G. They're all 3G, true 4G is 100 mbps and up

8. Vegastouch, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Exactly.....you just answered the T-Mobile question. Nobody actually has a 4G network. They are all using a system that has 4G speeds in their mind however they come to that conclusion and T-Mobiles is the fastest. Dont know how they let these companies call it 4G. AT&T's HSPA is slower than T-Mobiles HSPA according to my link (14.4 to 21 mbps) and AT&T HOPES to get it up to their speed in 2011. There are some other links on that under the main topic in the article i linked.

Also at 80% upgraded, AT&T will being covering 250 million people by the end of the year and T-Mobile in that same time frame will be covering 200 million. Lots more people on AT&T's network that will be slower than T-Mobiles so YES.....they are catching up sometime in 2011.

9. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

its possible...but T-mobile is clearly trying to show the advantages of their network compared to AT&T.

10. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

It's the leather skintight bike suit i tell you!

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

It's her body. It's really damn good. But then her face is just ehh. If they only showed her face she wouldn't be that good. But that body makes you wanna look twice

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is quite a stretch OP. I don't think it will happen.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

wouldve made sense if the iphone4 guy actually got on the tmobile bike, otherwise it's just a tease

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear that, they dont even come close.
    They might be ok on a few areas but cant compare with AT&T's or Verizons 3G coverage.
    And call it 4G? WTF?
    They hoping for some poor misinformed people to fall for their gimmick commercials I guess:D

15. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

They sell iPhone cables since roaming customers from countries like Germany (where TMO does sell the iPhone) may find it convenient- since they recognize the name of the shop. They sell microsims because the Galaxy Tab uses them. Nothing more.