T-Mobile on 3Gs with iOS4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by edgareliud10, Jul 1, 2010.

1. edgareliud10 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I’m new here.
    Theres probably about a million posts about this, but here goes another one.

I was thinking about buying an iPhone 3Gs on ebay or some other website without ATT’s contract. If I buy one I want to use it on US T-Mobile, is it possible to get iOS4 on the 3Gs and use it on T-Mobile?

Where could I get a hack, jailbreak to use T-Mobile on iOS4?
    ^that was all i needed to post jaja.

In other words, is it yet possible to jailbreak iOS4 to use it on T-Mobile on a 3Gs?

ohh and i use a mac. haha

2. mokeiko macrumors 6502

It is possible. I upgraded two of our iPhone 3GS to iOS4, unlocked and using a T-Mobile pre-paid sim card. We upgraded to iphone 4's so I wanted to make sure our 3GS iPhones could use another carrier other than AT&T, which would be more valuable when we decide to sell them. Good luck.

mokeiko

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Right now it's only possible to do this on the 3GS phones that have the old bootrom and have been previously jailbroken.

4. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Can you tether on a 3Gs with iOS4 on T-Mobile yet?

5. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I went ahead and upgraded, and the answer is yes. Tethering works on a 3GS with a T-Mobile SIM.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

9. buddy1065 macrumors member

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

About half as much, but the data speeds (in the US) are only at Edge speed, not 3G speeds

11. techn0lady macrumors regular

With Tmobile you get unlimited talk text and web for 80 bucks. 70 bucks get's you 1000 minutes (+ free nights and weekends) plus unlim text and web

I know starbucks gives you free access now but it's for 2 hours a day . With the Tmob it's unlimited plus they're at airports, hotels and other places.

The 5 gb of data is only edge which is kind of slow (but usable) and you can tether the 3gs. I have mine teathered while running 3.1.3 The tether works through bluetooth or with usb.