T-mobile ONE and next generation iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vega07, Mar 19, 2017.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

T-Mobile ONE enticed me to switch from ATT. I'm paying like 1/3 the price for unlimited everything now.

For those with experience with T-Mobile, can you guys guess what offers there will be to upgrade to the iPhone 7+/8? Or will we just have to purchase it unlocked for ~$1,000?

Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I've see *free* deals for the latest iPhone every time there is a new model.

Free meaning they lock you in for two years and you get a bill credit every month. Leave before then and anything you owe comes immediately due.

No idea if they will repeat the plan this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Except T-Mobile one is no contract. So the deals might change this year.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

What I meant was that those deals are free for two years if you choose to stay there with them. I used the term 'locked in' too loosely.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your guess is as good as anyone's.
    But judging by passed iphone releases Tmobile always has the best deals to upgrade or get the newest iphone.
    And then the rest of the carriers scramble to match or come out with a similar offer so they can try to stay competitive.
    I wouldn't worry much, Tmobile will offer some solid good deals as always.
    But they're not available forever so you have to take advantage of the special promos fast before they go away.

6. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

The plans just prior to ONE (Simple Choice I believe was the name) were no contract as well. They don't make you sign anything saying you have to stay with them for two years, but they do offer monthly bill credits to make the device "free"; doled out over two years. If you cancel service before the two year's worth of credits are up you are charged the remainder of the amount and receive no more credits.

7. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

The problem with the T-Mobile One plan is that the first line is $70, the second $50. I found that I could actually save money by buying my iPhone 7+ from Apple and sticking with my old T-Mobile plan. It was cheaper that way even with T-Mobile giving me bill credit for 2 years. However, everyone's situation is different.

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yikes. How wasn't your first line $70 when they are currently advertising two lines for $100? I'm asking because my fiancé is on a Simple Choice plan, and I plan to port over from Verizon onto his plan soon.

9. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

Make sure you go into a T-Mobile store and talk with the sales people there. Don't try to negotiate plans or switch doing it all on line. Their plans and offers change often to keep ahead of the other carriers. And don't be fooled by "bill credit" offers since that may in fact come out to costing you more - as I found out. They give you bill credit but it usually means you are required to take their more expensive plan.

10. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

For sure. My fiancé only makes changes to his plan at company stores. Our local stores are all licensed retailers, but it's worth it to drive a bit to get CSR's that actually know what they're doing.