t-mobile or att???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benny100, Mar 8, 2008.

1. benny100 macrumors member

i have att now and it's really sucks in my area so i want to know what not going to get by switching to tmobile??

what tmobile plan would i have to get to get everything i get with att.

Please respond soon because i only have 5 days left for my 30 days att tryout. thanks

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well its gsm so i would say there going to be the same eh im on att and it works everywhere i go in LA. But if you must know check t-mobile's coverage map.

3. benny100 thread starter macrumors member

what plan do u recommend to be able to get all the internet features???

4. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Get whatever minute plan works best for you.

For internet, just add on the 5.99/month T-Zones plan- works perfect! Much better than ATT's 20/month plan.

5. ikondave macrumors newbie

There seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding about the different T Mobile data plans. The $5.99 plan will not get you unlimited browsing or email. The $19.99 all you can eat plan doesn and is still the best deal out there. There's no question that AT&T has better coverage for the most part, but that isn't true everywhere. After five years of dealing with T Mobile i can honestly state that my contacts with them have always been friendly and helpful. They are even trying to offer unofficial iPhone support. My iPhone seems to be doing very well with T Mobile. I don't know if this has generally proven to be the case, but my iPhone gets a stronger, more stable connection that any other cell I have evry owned. Consumer Reports confirms that AT&T has had many cunsumer complaints.

6. benny100 thread starter macrumors member

Edge not working on tmobile

[Bi just got tmobile yesterday and edge is not working at all
    can someone help please[/B]

7. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

Did you apply for the internet data package with tmobile?

8. benny100 thread starter macrumors member

Yes did, I got the 5.99 tzones plan and I installed the the tzones hack

9. ikondave macrumors newbie

T Zones is not the same thing as T Mobile Internet, the $19.99 plan that gives you unlimited data. The T Zones gives you a handful of options. That's it.

10. benny100 thread starter macrumors member

11. Stryker908 macrumors newbie

I had the T-zones hack for a day then I went back to the 19.99 plan ... T-zones was slower and the youtube feature ddint work (not a huge deal but annoying enough)