Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psun786

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Unfortunately, it looks like global sim-free version of iPhone 6s is not available for pre-order tonight so I have to decide between T-Mobile or Verizon version. I currently have AT&T in US but also travel abroad extensively.

1. Both of them came GSM unlocked if purchased at full retail right? (I know Verizon restrict CDMA bands)
2. For Verizon, does purchase at full retail price still require a Verizon account? (pre-order on apple.com)

Many thanks in advance.

t3nchu

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I am also wondering about this. I also have AT&T. With 6 Plus, I got the Verizon phone which worked well travel abroad (Asian and Europe). I did not get the phone until much later once I found out that I can use the Verizon phone on AT&T. I can sell my phone to all three major cell phone customers which is a plus.

Wonder if I need a Verizon account to order on Apple.com

Hopsdaballa04

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
I'm in the same boat! If you try to purchase a Verizon iPhone 6 at full cost it requires you to have an account. I believe this will be the same for the 6S. Might be best to go straight for the T-Mobile version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.