T-Mobile or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD84, Sep 25, 2014.

1. JD84 macrumors 6502

I recently ported my two lines to T-Mobile, I had Verizon before I did so.
    I have mixed feelings about their service and customer service and wanted to know what everyone's thoughts or feedbacks were on T-Mobile or any personal experiences. I know Verizon is more expensive but felt like their voice quality was really good but noticed their internet got slower that it used to.
    I live in Arizona so if anyone who currently lives in AZ and has T-Mobile would love to know.
    Thanks for any help I can get.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What kind of coverage are now getting with t-mo? Sounds like you're incurring some buyers remorse, is there anything that caused that, i.e., dropped calls?

3. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

4. JD84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sometimes there's a delay in their voice quality and an echo.
    I notice the phone works better in some places when I had Verizon.
    But T-Mobiles Internet seems faster than Verizon.
    I am just confused. :(

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

If you never travel then go with T-mobile but if you do leave the city go with Verizon cause T-mobile network is mostly Edge when you leave a major city

6. JD84 thread starter macrumors 6502

I usually only stay in the Phoenix area

7. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

T-Mobile is overall a lot weaker than Verizon.

8. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

is this really even a comparison? if you want better coverage and have money to spend then verizon , if you want relatively cheaper coverage then T-Mobile

9. Rockies macrumors 6502

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. Have not had any issues. They have much cheaper plans than Verizon, also you are not tied into a contract. I am always in a big city, so LTE is always excellent with T-Mobile. If you visit a rural farms regularaly, then get Verizon. I prefer savings over rural coverage.

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Unless your home is in a dead spot, T-Mobile is a no brainer. Their major weakness as other posters have said is coverage outside of major metroplex areas. Since you stay mostly in Phoenix area, no need to pay Verizon premium.

11. dBoPlay macrumors newbie

I've had both carriers and I stuck with Verizon but I also travel in and out of the city quite often.

If coverage isn't an issue I'd probably go with T-Mobile though. I had much better experiences with their customer service and they are, obviously, cheaper.

12. AAPL21 macrumors member

Never has any problem in cities, however, signal can be weak in other places. T-mo makes it up and then some with Wi-Fi calling. As long as you have wifi at the remote office/resort you are in, you will be able to receive/make calls and text. Another huge plus with Wi-Fi calling is that once you go onto airplane modes and turn on wifi (calling), the iPhone 6 battery life almost double.

13. grant.nytn macrumors newbie

I switched to T-Mobile for their truly unlimited plan (including 5GB/mo personal hotspot) because I was sick of being throttled by AT&T after 5GB of data usage each month. Their plan is amazing for my wife and I as we both have unlimited everything. Within the first week, however, I've learned of T-Mobile's shortcomings. The first day, I made a trip from Indy to Chicago and had only even could make calls on about 10% of the trip. The rest of the time on I-65 my phone read "NO SERVICE". I also happen to sit in the garden level (read: basement) at work and any time I'm in an interior room there is no service. These are things that I took for granted with AT&T. In Chicago, the service was excellent, as it is above ground in Indianapolis. If you live/work in a large urban setting, you're likely fine. But if you spend ANY time outside of that, don't even bother.

TL/DR - Switching back to AT&T after 1 week of T-Mobile.