T-Mobile or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJUK, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Which would be best for you?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2010.
  1. T-Mobile

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Verizon

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. DJUK macrumors member

DJUK

If you had to choose between the two (That is if we had a choice!), which would it be?

2. x986 macrumors regular

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd probably choose Verizon as well but T-Mobile service in my area really good.

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

verizon is 6 X the size of tmobile. WSJ said tmobile could be one of ten companies in danger of going under by 2012

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Verizon - although the iPhone will most likely end up on both carriers.

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

7. jediistar macrumors 6502

Do some checking, it wasn't the WSJ, it was 24/7 Wall Street and they never said anything about going under, they said most likely to merge or acquisition. Going under would imply bankruptcy and shutting the doors.

8. nora47 macrumors regular

iphone to tmobile would be great, it would either save tmobile from merger or jack up the price of a merger because of having the iphone

9. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I don't believe it. If it was just US based then I might be inclined to agree, but TMOB Duestche is just way too large to let that happen. If the US version gets too unprofitable they will just sell of the US market, but I don't believe that the German side is in any danger at all.

10. nora47 macrumors regular

were not talking about international, strictly US carriers.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Depends on your coverage area and if you want to save some money. T-Mobile seems to have decent rates - even more if you bring your own phone. They are the only carrier in the US that I know of that charges less for their plan if you don't subsidize.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

T-Mobile isn't going anywhere. ATT will snatch them up if they falter.

13. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

You missed his point entirely.

He was referring to the assertion that T-mobile was likely to "go under", T-mobile is owned by Deutsche Telekom and if DT did anything with T-mobile, it would be to sell or merge them with another carrier.

14. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

^+1. AT least somebody else sees the problem with the way WSJ reports things. Like I said before they will sell before it goes under.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure if the gov't will allow only one GSM network and also making AT&T any larger, i.e., anti-trust concerns.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

LOLz. Name a big merger that the govt has stopped lately.

17. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Verizon is too expensive.
    With t-mobile, you can get 500 minutes, unlimited text and web for $60.

18. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Tmobile is cheaper with their programs, but their footprint coverage suffers outside of major metro areas relative to Verizon who is strong almost everywhere.

I was a Tmobile user for over 5 years before moving to AT&T for the iPhone, and I've been a Verizon customer now going back for as long as they have been known as Verizon. I love Verizon from a customer service and coverage perspective, but they are most assuredly not cheap. They also have even MORE draconian data policies (caps and such) than does even AT&T.

19. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

I would like to see the iPhone on all 4 major carriers. That would spread out the data usage to 4 separate vendors.
    People should also be free to choose whatever phone company they want based on their needs.

20. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not going to happen unless and until LTE is adopted by all four carriers, AND it's deployed as least as well as 3G is currently.

In a perfect world, yes. In reality, the carriers collude. This is why pricing is the same across nearly all of the major carriers, and when the structures change, it's not to benefit the consumer.

Unless and until the FCC or some other regulatory body decides to grow a pair, carrier "choice" will be just an illusion.

21. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Neither! T-Mobile stinks where we live and most Verizon phones can't be used internationally easily and we need that on our phones. If a Verizon iPhone could be used internationally, we'd consider them.

22. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

WSJ actually had Sprint buying them out because they say there are really only two carriers ins the US Verizon & ATT.

23. jediistar macrumors 6502

Where does it say this? Are we talking about two vastly different articles because if anything, the 24/7 Wall Street article, not the Wall Street Journal said nothing about Sprint buying them out, only that a merger with Sprint was possible.

24. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

I await the TMobile announcement next month and everyone then saying what a wonderful thing it is.....:p