T-Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Wicked1, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

So simple question are the new phones that you pay full retail for from T-Mobile factory Unlocked, so it means there is no junk third part software on them?

I was interested to know because my son is thinking of going over seas for graduation and if that is the case, I might get him a Galaxy Note II from T-Mobile to use, but I do not want to get one if it has all the crappy 3rd party software and T-Mobile junk on it?

Never Mind, I just read on their site, it comes pre-loaded with T-Mobile 3rd party stuff, ugh, I guess I have to buy from Amazon for $619 then

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

iPhones do not come with any crapware installed, so there's no need to worry about them.

Edit: My VXZ iPhone nor did my ATT iPhone have any crapware. I suppose you should be able to remove any T-Mo apps that may be preintalled.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is crazy....like the poster above said, att and verizon iphones on contract never have bloatware.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

If he's going overseas you're better off buying the international unlocked version of whatever phone you want anyway. Especially so if you want to get rid of all of the bloatware without having to do any rooting around in the device.