T-Mobile Pre-Orders from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Aug 24, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

How did pre-orders/orders on launch work from Apple.com for T-Mobile in years past? Were the full priced versions available on launch? If not, could T-Mobile orders be placed on Apple.com at all? I had AT&T for all other launches.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yes the full priced T-Mobile versions were available.

3. promet2009 macrumors 6502a

Thank you for asking this...I am wondering myself.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

last year t-mobile was the only ones that offered the full price model through apple.com (initially). I always buy the verizon model outright, unless the SIM free is available (it was not last year), b.c it carries the highest resale value.

The SIM free did not appear until December IIRC.

5. promet2009 macrumors 6502a

Awesome. Thank you! I was wondering why the full retail price is cheaper than the one on Apple.com. Unless I read that wrong.

6. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Now that the carriers are moving away from 2 year contracts where you pay $99/$199 up front how will Apple.com's ordering work? Will Apple still allow you to purchase the phones directly from them under the carriers EIPs?

7. promet2009 macrumors 6502a

no telling..I am highly interested in that as well. First time I have done a pre-order and first time with TMO

8. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

I really hope the new trend towards eliminating contracts allows me to pre-order from Apple for the first time ever. In the past you couldn't preorder the full price phone for anyone but T-mobile. (I have Vzw)

Although this year I will probably wait until the Sim free phones come out. I guess folks had some problems in the past with the VZW model being locked internationally. I don't know if those issues were ever resolved.