T-mobile prepaid data only on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hakerzz, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hakerzz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Here's the story, I had a 32gb iPod and loved it the only thing I missed was Internet everywhere, so my friend gave me his iPhone 3GS, I jailbroke and unlocked it so I could get tmobile prepaid data only on it

Bottom line is I bought the prepaid webconnect sim only with a 1gb refill card, I put the sim in my iPhone and it works, it says tmobile as the carrier, so I haven't set anything up I have only put in the sim and I have edge!?!? It's just to slow to load anything!!!! I was going to put my refill card in and it's says you have to have a my tmobile account and it makes you put in your tmobile number to get a temporary password, I DON'T HAVE A TMOBILE PHONE, so what do I do!!!!! And again I bought the prepaid webconnect sim only kit

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With Tmobile USA you will only get Edge data using an iphone.
    Currently no iphone model supports their 3G bands so you're stuck with Edge if you're using Tmobile.

3. Hakerzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah I know, but my main problem is making a my tomobile account when I have no tmobile number. I thinks it's slow because I havent put my prepaid refill card yet and I can't unless I create a my tmobile account. And I actually don't mind edge it's alright. As long as I have Internet

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The speed isn't going to change when you add a refill.

ATT edge was unusable in my area on my iPad, well, I normally gave up on a page after 2-3 minutes, maybe they finally loaded.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Don't you just activate the sim online or over the phone or something? You give them a sim id and than they get your details and assign you a number. (That's how it works in Australia on CDMA so I assume the states would have a similar system). Bottom line either call or go in store and they will help you out.

6. Hakerzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly what happens to me, but I haven't tried to use it somewhere else, I thinks it's weird it already came with edge and I didn't do anything except put in the sim

7. Hakerzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: even with a full signal and in the open I can't load anything, but I think when I put the 1gb refill it will work