T-Mobile Prepaid plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iVoid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. iVoid macrumors 65816

Okay, I have a iPhone 3G on 4.01 and have been using a AT&T prepaid SIM. But after figuring out how much it's cost me over a month ($60 on their $3 per day that I use it, which means I probably should have taken the $60 unlimited plan anyway), I think T-Mobile would be a better choice. They have a $50 unlimited talk/text plan for their prepaid card.

I haven't been using data (to save money and because I could never get data to work on the prepaid sim), so only having edge data isn't an issue.

I know I can jailbreak 4.0.1 and then unlock to use t-Mobile. Anyone using this setup and confirm that it will work?

Can I can transfer my AT&T prepaid number to t-mobile so I don't have to tell everyone a new number?

If I want to, can edge data work in this setup?

Thanks.

2. California King macrumors 65816

Yeah, if you can get the iPhone unlocked, it'll work fine on T-Mobile. I used to use it on my 3GS with no problems. When setting up a T-Mobile prepaid account, you should be able to port your number over. If you can't find it on their website, just call customer support. Not too sure about data since my plan didn't have a data.

Also, you probably didn't have the right APN settings on your AT&T prepaid account, that's why data didn't work.
    I'd stay with AT&T if you want to use data though. EDGE is like downgrading a DSL connection to dial-up.