T-Mobile prepaid SIM with ATT ipad hotspot works perfect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by imlynxy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. imlynxy macrumors 65816

I've just tried T-Mobile 30 dollars Walmart data unlimited SIM in new ipad. Works with no problem. I tried hotspot and connected my Mac to it. I type this message thru t-mobile edge. Slow, but stable and unlimited :) I happy with thenew Ipad :)

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Old news (T-Mo has always worked in all iPads) but good to confirm. Problem is you're stuck at EDGE (2G) speeds.

3. shawnmac macrumors member

4. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, You can buy sim on Amazon and choose this plan 100 min/ unlim sms/ulim web. I use it on my car-spare phone.

5. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

Is this just with ATT model or Verizon too? This is my first I Pad so I want to be sure I understand. I can go to Walmart or Amazon, buy an unlimited data sim card for $30 ( to use for 1 month), put it in my ATT Ipad and I'm good to go? I understand that its the slow 2G speed.

Thanks!

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

Why would you pay 30 for edge when you can have LTE? Cause its "unlimited"? I have news for you. Unlimited download on edge 24/7 will be like 100 mb for the month. Waste of money and time.

7. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

Really? I know basically nothing about this stuff. I only want to use the cellular connection 'as needed'. I plan to keep my Ipad several years. Maybe I should just exchange it for a Verizon model.

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I think real world edge speeds are around 80kbps or so, at least from what I remember when I used to use T-Mobile on my iPhone 3GS.

Compare that to LTE, where the speeds are 20 or 30 Mbps. It is a night and day difference.