T-Mobile Prepaid Unlock / iPad BaseBand

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FlamingRain, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FlamingRain macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS. New Bootrom, not the 2011 new manufacturer chip line, 8GB. It's jailbroken running iOS 5.0.1 no SIM at the moment, all WiFi. Tomorrow I'm going to go get a SIM card for my phone but I'm getting prepaid service. I'm pretty sure I want to go to T-Mobile because of their kickass $30 unlimited text/data plan, but I don't want to brick my phone.

How scary is upgrading to iPad baseband with these specs? (I have baseband 05.16.05, so no unlock for me)

What is going to be broken/etc? Is it worth it to go do this, or to just go with GoPhone prepaid at $25 a month for just unlimited texting?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Why not just get the AT&T go phone sim? Then you don't have to mess with unlocking. And if AT&T tells you you can't have data with your plan ignore them because you can purchase data right from the go phone site.

I use both T-Mobile and AT&T prepaid in my iPhone.

3. FlamingRain thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, yeah I figured I could get data straight from the website, but it is a much better deal on T-Mobile.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The trade off will be the download speed of Edge vs 3G. However, wifi is accessible everywhere now. So, go with whatever you see best for you.

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I would just go with a GoPhone and add data later, no need to worry about an unlock anymore plus 3G kicks Edge's ass any day of the week.