T-Mobile Price Increase

johnclevohio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Tried placing an order on Tmobile yesterday, order would not go through. Tried to place it again today, all prices had increased by $50. Talked with agent she told me that prices change all the time. Then ended the conversation.
Considering I was trying to transfer my service to Tmobile, one would think that they would make an effort to close a sale.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
T Mobile are pretty terrible here in the UK in my experience. I was with them for 6 years until last year. Their coverage wasn't great although they are possibly the cheapest carrier over here. I phoned up at the end of my contract and told them I was thinking of leaving for O2 UK. I asked for my PAC code and they didn't ask any questions just texted it to me a couple of hours later and wished me a good day. The whole process was very polite and no complaints with that regard, but why was there no procedure to at least try and keep my custom? About a month into my O2 contract they contacted me and asked why I had left. I explained I would have stayed had the effort been made to give me a competitive contract and told of my leaving experience. They appeared to be quite miffed at how I was handled but it was too late by then. I'm in a 24 month contract with somebody else. The bright side is I'm on a good value contract and my network coverage is vastly improved.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
when the iphone 5S comes out you wont get anymore than $400 for the iphone 5.
Probably true....but that may have been just $350 if they kept the new price low.... I fully expect to lose money, but the less I can lose the better.

evetdma

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2013
They appeared to be quite miffed at how I was handled but it was too late by then. I'm in a 24 month contract with somebody else.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
This price increase is a real low down dirty move. :mad:
It's not a "dirty move". Prices changed happen all the time. Plus the fact that tmobile was selling it for 580 was putting them at a loss (at least up front). I don't see anything "dirty" about this price increase. It's just how business works-simple supply demand stuff.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
This price increase is a real low down dirty move. :mad:
Why? It is likely the lower price was an "introductory" price and was never advertised as a permanent price.

Phone prices change all the time on their website. I got a free Nexus 4 in February when the next week, it was $49.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
They should have told people it was a limited time promotional offer. More people might have bought one if they knew it was going to increase.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It's always surprising to me how people will proclaim "they lost a sale" due to something like this. Ok, so which other carrier are you going with? And are you doing that just to spite them, because you certainly aren't getting a better deal (unless you know something we don't). It sucks the price went up, but tmobile was already selling the phone at an upfront cost cheaper than anyone else. I was surprised they did that in the first place. They certainly didn't need to. My guess is they will run a promotion here in a month or two for the cheaper price.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No one will pay $500 for an iPhone 5 once the 5S comes out. If Tmobile drops it to $500 then that means resale value for used ones will be $400 or less. People don't pay retail for used products.

dewthedru

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
No one will pay $500 for an iPhone 5 once the 5S comes out. If Tmobile drops it to $500 then that means resale value for used ones will be $400 or less. People don't pay retail for used products.

i sold a 32g 4s on ebay a month or so ago for $430. :rolleyes:

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
LOL i can tell you right now people will easily get $450-500 on tmobile iphones in great condition.

i can put money on it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.